yesweblack.net Clemson athletic shoes

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Sep 21, 2018
Valdosta, GA
  • My son wanted some Clemson shoes for his upcoming birthday. He found some about 10pm last night (Sep 3), I was tired and just gave him my credit card without looking at the site. https://yesweblack.net/clemson-tigers-shoes-free-shipping?options=white&v=5d386f0344aa4b0001dc2bac
  • After completing the deal, he came to me alarmed because it didn't ask for his shoe size! I checked out the confirmation email, no mention of size, and I was also suspicious that they had requested my phone number (it was their on the receipt).
  • I emailed the support address and requested a size 12 or to please cancel the order (this was within 15 minutes of placing the order). About midnight, someone replied and said to let them know the size and style (I had just told them the size and the style was already chosen).
  • This morning I looked at that reply from company and then I looked at the site: it has misspellings, no About Us, and says the shoes are custom made. I also question if they are licensed to use the Clemson logo.
  • I googled and found several sites saying the website was a scam: https://wisdomganga.com/yesweblack-net-review-yesweblack-net-scam-or-not/
  • I contacted my credit card company and they said the charge was pending and asked what I should do. They said I'd have to wait until charge goes through before disputing (I wasn't going to dispute right then, just wanted to see what they would say).
  • My concerns are: getting unlicensed merchandise, get crappy shoes, getting nothing, they have access to my credit card.
  • Should I respond to the company's email and ask them to cancel? Is there a way to check if a company has a license to use logo? Or any advice on how to proceed? thanks!

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
  • My son wanted some Clemson shoes for his upcoming birthday. He found some about 10pm last night (Sep 3), I was tired and just gave him my credit card without looking at the site. https://yesweblack.net/clemson-tigers-shoes-free-shipping?options=white&v=5d386f0344aa4b0001dc2bac
  • After completing the deal, he came to me alarmed because it didn't ask for his shoe size! I checked out the confirmation email, no mention of size, and I was also suspicious that they had requested my phone number (it was their on the receipt).
  • I emailed the support address and requested a size 12 or to please cancel the order (this was within 15 minutes of placing the order). About midnight, someone replied and said to let them know the size and style (I had just told them the size and the style was already chosen).
  • This morning I looked at that reply from company and then I looked at the site: it has misspellings, no About Us, and says the shoes are custom made. I also question if they are licensed to use the Clemson logo.
  • I googled and found several sites saying the website was a scam: https://wisdomganga.com/yesweblack-net-review-yesweblack-net-scam-or-not/
  • I contacted my credit card company and they said the charge was pending and asked what I should do. They said I'd have to wait until charge goes through before disputing (I wasn't going to dispute right then, just wanted to see what they would say).
  • My concerns are: getting unlicensed merchandise, get crappy shoes, getting nothing, they have access to my credit card.
  • Should I respond to the company's email and ask them to cancel? Is there a way to check if a company has a license to use logo? Or any advice on how to proceed? thanks!
I would: a) cancel the order, b) cancel your credit card and get a new #, and c) dispute the charge ASAP. You will have nothing but trouble if you wait to do these three things (and still will not have a pair of shoes). If your son wants Clemson merchandise, go to the Clemson school store website.
Google"clemson merchandise store".

The web site is typical of the many Chinese sites all over the internet. The lack of sizing is one clue, the low price is another.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2018
Valdosta, GA
Yesterday, I asked Visa to close the card number and reissue another card. The charge from the merchant has now gone through from pending. Meanwhile, I emailed the merchant (scammer) and asked to cancel and they responded:

Dear customer,
Thank you for your order from my website. Your order is now being being in production:
Please Let we know your size and your style. We are looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Then I responded asking if he was an authorized vendor/producer of Clemson University products (they are not, thank @VoR61). They responded with the same message above, again, copying 4 other people. I haven't responded yet.

I want to maximize my chances of succeeding at a chargeback. So, can someone give any advice on how to proceed? Go silent? Respond with size and style and await delivery? Something else?

I read online about this situation and what I saw was when a person has already recieved the suspected conterfeit product, in which case you have to try to work it out with the merchant, return product, etc. My situation is different as I don't have the product, even though it is "in production", but they still need my son's shoe size and style :)

thanks!

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Yesterday, I asked Visa to close the card number and reissue another card. The charge from the merchant has now gone through from pending. Meanwhile, I emailed the merchant (scammer) and asked to cancel and they responded:

Then I responded asking if he was an authorized vendor/producer of Clemson University products (they are not, thank @VoR61). They responded with the same message above, again, copying 4 other people. I haven't responded yet.

I want to maximize my chances of succeeding at a chargeback. So, can someone give any advice on how to proceed? Go silent? Respond with size and style and await delivery? Something else?

I read online about this situation and what I saw was when a person has already recieved the suspected conterfeit product, in which case you have to try to work it out with the merchant, return product, etc. My situation is different as I don't have the product, even though it is "in production", but they still need my son's shoe size and style :)

thanks!
Do not give them the size or any other information. That way if they do ship you can say the product does not fit.

Feb 3, 2017
Hang onto those emails - print them out to be sure you have them. I wouldn't respond to them at all but that is up to you, obviously. If this is a scam website, why respond giving them any more information than you have already.

Now that the charge has gone through, you have those odd emails from them and they are not on the list of approved sellers, why not approach your bank about a charge back right now?

Sep 21, 2018
Valdosta, GA
Quick update: (1) yesweblack.net is 404 now!, including my receipt page which I had a link to (2) I had called credit card company and told them I wanted to do a dispute, but would call back after it went from pending to charged (they said they couldn't dispute until then). I told them I wanted to provide documentation of some sort of why it was bogus (site and shoes). However, they automatically did it, I didn't know that would happen. So, it is disputed now with only my verbal reasons as to why. I'll have to trust now that they won't be able to even contact them and the dispute will succeed.

Jan 6, 2015
Quick update: (1) yesweblack.net is 404 now!, including my receipt page which I had a link to (2) I had called credit card company and told them I wanted to do a dispute, but would call back after it went from pending to charged (they said they couldn't dispute until then). I told them I wanted to provide documentation of some sort of why it was bogus (site and shoes). However, they automatically did it, I didn't know that would happen. So, it is disputed now with only my verbal reasons as to why. I'll have to trust now that they won't be able to even contact them and the dispute will succeed.
If you have not yet done so, I suggest that you inform your CC provider about the 404 page.

Sep 21, 2018
Valdosta, GA
I contacted CC (thanks @VoR61). Before calling, I checked the account again to answer @Christina H . The comany name on CC statement is: PAYPAL *HOANGTHITHO 402-935-7733 CA. However, overnight, the dispute was denied. I asked for details on the dispute, and the person said to hold while she got them. She came back and said, "I've reopened the dispute". Somehow my mind slipped and I forgot to ask why it was denied, I guess because I was so surprised that she came back saying it was reopened. So, it is reopened and she wrote in the record what my reasons are: conterfeit merchandise and that the web sited doesn't exist any more. Meanwhile, my son and I ordered several pieces of Clemson apparell from a 100% legit business for his upcoming birthday. Thanks to all who have helped. The time I have spent is hardly worth $84, but the principle matters, and showing my son how to handle such a situation (and find a legit merchandise!), and the tremendous resource Elliott.org is!

Patina

Verified Member
Dec 22, 2015
@moab, I would not be concerned about the dispute. You have given the credit card company lots of information that points to a scam. The money in question is so small in comparison to what they normally deal with. You've given others a good lesson about licensed vendors. Happy Birthday to your son!

Sep 21, 2018
Valdosta, GA
Moab check if you need to dispute the charge in writing and not just over the phone— just to protect yourself.

Some credit cards have a form online to do it— this way you know that the info has been given versus someone over the phone who may not make proper notations.
I would have preferred doing it online. I read that some CC's have a dialog to upload supporting material. Previously, I started the process online just to see how it works. Lots of binary choices: have you contacted vendor to send back product? Well, I haven't recieved product, and not really worked anything out with them except to tell them I was cancelling order and asking if they were licensed. So, I cancelled out, afraid that I would shoot myself in the foot dancing through their questions.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
I contacted CC (thanks @VoR61). Before calling, I checked the account again to answer @Christina H . The comany name on CC statement is: PAYPAL *HOANGTHITHO 402-935-7733 CA. However, overnight, the dispute was denied. I asked for details on the dispute, and the person said to hold while she got them. She came back and said, "I've reopened the dispute". Somehow my mind slipped and I forgot to ask why it was denied, I guess because I was so surprised that she came back saying it was reopened. So, it is reopened and she wrote in the record what my reasons are: conterfeit merchandise and that the web sited doesn't exist any more. Meanwhile, my son and I ordered several pieces of Clemson apparell from a 100% legit business for his upcoming birthday. Thanks to all who have helped. The time I have spent is hardly worth $84, but the principle matters, and showing my son how to handle such a situation (and find a legit merchandise!), and the tremendous resource Elliott.org is!
Your time and effort provided your son with a lesson much more valuable than any he will learn in college (which will hopefully be Clemson). If you get the money back, great; if not, it's part of the lesson. Internet BUYER BEWARE.

Jun 24, 2019
In order to protect your rights under the Fair Credit Billing Act, the dispute must be in writing. Some credit issuers provide a way to do that on-line, but, as noted above, you may be frustrated with the input format. All credit issuers provide a notice of your rights with the mailing address for disputes at least annually; some simply put it in fine print on the back of every billing statement. The address for disputes is NOT the address for payments.

See this link from the FTC: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0219-disputing-credit-card-charges

Patina

Verified Member
Dec 22, 2015
I have never had to file a dispute online. I have always called to start the dispute then they send out a letter that I needed to sign saying that what I was requesting was accurate.

Jun 24, 2019
I have never had to file a dispute online. I have always called to start the dispute then they send out a letter that I needed to sign saying that what I was requesting was accurate.
I've done all three: phone, internet and an initial writing from me. And yes, many credit card issuers send you a form letter to sign after a phone contact. Sometimes phone is useful to identify who is billing, and that solves the problem. Sometimes phone or internet are useful because the dispute is small, and thus within the floor limit of the credit card issuer where the dispute, if it sounds OK, is pretty automatically resolved in your favor.

Sep 21, 2018
Valdosta, GA
As mentioned before, BOA closed the Fraud Dispute (see below, 9/10) and I didn't get an explanation, but was told another one was opened. I didn't see any new dispute by Friday so I called. This agent was very helpful. She said the Fraud was closed because I *did* authorize the transaction and that another type of disupte was needed which she initiated. She also took/verified my facts of the case. I'm not sure if the credit on 9/13 is a dispute (b/c it doens't use that word) or if this is a final adjustment and I'm done. Actually, probably is not final now b/c I remember her saying it would take the ubiquitous 7-10 days. Thanks to everyone for the support!
09/13/2019 BOA ADJ/PAYPAL *HOANGTHIT -$84.94
09/10/2019 FRAUD DISPUTE $84.94
09/06/2019 FRAUD DISPUTE -$84.94
09/05/2019 PAYPAL *HOANGTHITHO 402-935-7733 CA $84.94