xfinity Mobile Service Bait and Switch

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Oct 9, 2018
Xfinity Mobile will not honor the terms sold to us by the sales department. I have been with Sprint since 2000 and when making changes to the internet we already had with Xfinity, the salesman, Casey G. sold us what seemed like a good option for the internet, cable and changing our mobile phone service for our 4 member family. There were options such as getting new phones from Xfinity Mobile and moving existing phones over to Xfinity. We purchased 3 new phones and then went to get the SIM card for the 4th phone, the Iphone 7 we had just paid off and gotten unlocked at Sprint, and were told that we were only eligible for 3 lines. Our credit rating is close to 800 plus we weren't even going to be making payments on the 4th phone. But the thing that is most bothersome is that in order to keep the 4th phone active I am paying sprint $100/month plus paying Xfinity for the other phones and service. If I move the phone to Xfinity it will only cost $12 for that phone. We even talked to corporate and they were as unhelpful as the store staff and customer service. They said they have no way of finding out why we were downgraded from 5 phone lines (offered by Sales) to 3 lines. I spoke to corporate again today and was told that it may have been credit or may have been the result of one of their risk factors. When I asked what the possible risk factors were, he said he didn't know and no one could tell me. Their only suggestion is to apply again in 30 days. The only thing that will change is that I will have paid another round of bills on time and another $100 to Sprint. Does anyone have any suggestions for what I can do?

Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Make a bullet point list of exactly what happened, what you were promised and what you expected.
Do not send a paragraph such as you posted. They will not read it.

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/comcast/

Start emailing one person at a time, escalating one step up the chain weekly if no response/negative response.
Do not call as you will get the same runaround you got with your initial "promise" from Casey G .

You can change your Sprint service to a lower cost plan until you resolve this with Comcast/Xfinity.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2018
Make a bullet point list of exactly what happened, what you were promised and what you expected.
Do not send a paragraph such as you posted. They will not read it.

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/comcast/

Start emailing one person at a time, escalating one step up the chain weekly if no response/negative response.
Do not call as you will get the same runaround you got with your initial "promise" from Casey G .

You can change your Sprint service to a lower cost plan until you resolve this with Comcast/Xfinity.
Thank you