Wyndham points issue

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 5, 2019
Hello, We have been a member of the Wyndham time share for over 10 years. As part of our membership we are able to transfer points to RCI account. On December 13, 2018 our account at RCI was marked inactive. Prior to this event we had 393,100 points available. I have placed many calls to Wyndham and got the matter escalated to owner care. No one can explain why this happened and if it has been escalated to the appropriate department for correction. As of today I still don't have access to our points.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Did you do this?

Can I reactivate my cancelled RCI Weeks Membership?
Your RCI Weeks subscribing membership will be cancelled if you do not renew within 120 days after your membership period expires. If after the 120 days, you decide to Reactivate your RCI Weeks membership, there will be a $49USD charge to reinstate your account, which is in addition to your standard membership fee.

Jan 5, 2019
No I am not able to do anything with RCI since my membership is through Wyndham. I have points account not weeks. RCI told me that only Wyndham can correct the issue.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
There is also this information in their membership terms and conditions. Did you save or d tend your points into subsequent use years?

RCI POINTS WHICH ARE NOT USED IN THE USE YEAR IN WHICH THEY ARE ALLOCATED AND ARE NOT SAVED OR EXTENDED INTO SUBSEQUENT USE YEARS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SHALL EXPIRE AND THE MEMBER WILL LOSE THE RIGHT TO USE SUCH EXPIRED POINTS.

https://www.rci.com/static/docs/namer/en_US/rci-points-terms-conditions.pdf

Jan 5, 2019
Yes I have done a lot of research Wyndham agreed that something happen at their end, they just taking long time to correct the issue.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Wyndham points expire after 18 months of non use. You have to do a transaction to keep them active:

All accrued points in a Member's Wyndham Rewards account may be cancelled or forfeited if the Member has no Account Activity (as defined below) for a period of eighteen (18) consecutive months.

"Account Activity" is defined as any point earning, redemption or transfer activity involving a change in the Member's Wyndham Rewards point balance, including but not limited to the earning or redemption of points, the earning of Travel Partner Currency, credit card earning through Wyndham Rewards, and the redemption of Wyndham Rewards points for airlines miles/tickets, the redemption for gift cards or merchandise, or the donation of points to charity. Wyndham Rewards earning and redemption opportunities are subject to change and may vary by country. Please visit wyndhamrewards.com for the most up-to-date list of redemption items available in your country.

Jan 5, 2019
I am able to transfer the Wyndham points to RCI points. My RCI account is linked to my Wyndham account. I only log into RCI via my Wyndham account .

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Try our contacts. Write to the first executive and yell him you haven’t heard anything. Give him a week to reply. If he doesn’t, then write to the next one. Repeat weekly if necessary. And update us on the outcome.