Wrong tickets

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jul 7, 2018
I ordered Disneyworld tickets through a site called Ticketsatwork.com (one of my company benefits). I received the summary confirmation of the purchase while still on the phone with Ticketsatwork. It wasn't until after I got of the phone and received the e-tickets that I noticed they were for Disneyland. I immediately called back to request a correction. They told me the best they can do is submit a request for a refund, but Disney is quite strict about refunds. I don't want a refund, I just want to exchange for Disneyworld tickets! We'll be in Orlando next week. Help!

Jul 7, 2018
The agent made the error...just a few minutes before booking Disneyworld, I had completed booking Universal Studios Orlando tickets. Below are the terms from their website:

"Policies set forth by Providers, including but not limited to venues, generally prohibit TAW from issuing exchanges or refunds after a ticket has been purchased or for any lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed tickets. As such, there are no refunds, cancellations or changes after an order has been placed under any circumstances, except as explicitly permitted herein or as TAW may permit in its sole and absolute discretion."

I understand there are no refunds or exchanges, but this was a mistake by the agent.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
If you booked through an agent and not on your own they absolutely need to fix it.

I would suggest that you ask for a supervisor- this is what their page says about the wrong tickets,

I received the wrong ticket, what do I do?
We do have mechanisms in place to prevent mistakes from happening and it is our goal to ensure that your experience or vacation is well-planned and enjoyable. We guarantee that we will do our best to help in any way we can, and we ask that you contact us immediately to help remedy any situation by contacting a Customer Care Representative at 1-800-331-6483.

I also urge you to put in a research request here to find the executive contacts for the company so you can escalate if needed.

https://www.elliott.org/research/

Jul 7, 2018
Thank you Neil.

I did call the Customer Care Representative as soon as I discovered the error. They told me they would submit a request for refund, but to allow 24-72 hours for a response. They said I can follow up using my original order confirmation number, but no other means to communicate electronically. Also, I did as you suggested and submitted a research request.

Jul 7, 2018
We are in Orlando on July 8-16, 2018. The end of 72 hours is July 10. We planned to enjoy Disneyworld July 12-13, 2018. I can wait until July 10, but I will need to know if I should purchase new tickets, and if in doing so, will they refund me for the incorrect tickets? I'm asking that they exchange the tickets, but it would need to be done quickly.

AMA

Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
If this is a work benefit, you should go to your HR dept immediately and report the problem. Trust me, "Ticketsatwork" does NOT want to lose your entire company's business. This is a "have my people call your people" situation.