World Discovered Pacific

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I am so sorry to read your story. I too live with a man who sometimes goes off the deep end and would rather fight than think. So far the amounts of money involved have not been large. My colleagues are right, if you cancel his credit card before the charge goes through, they can come after him for fraud. Do you live in a community property state? Perhaps the contract is not enforceable without your signature?

These kinds of things are a total scam, and whoever runs them knows how to skate right along the edge of the law. And if they go over the line, they just close up shop and move to another project. If you can't afford a lawyer, perhaps the Attorney General can help.

Jan 21, 2019
Well..they said they were running my husbands credit with Monterey Financial. The guy came back and patted my husband on the shoulder and said "your in". I was surprised because his credit isent good. After our ruined honeymoon/vacation to Hawaii..we got home and got a denial letter from Monterey Financial
That we were denied because my husband is under 18 yes old. NOT TRUE-My husband is 48. The letter further stated that if this company gave package to us anyway then its probley in-house financed and Monterey would take care of it this way. Well...financed at 17.9%. I believe they wanted my husband denied so they could charge high interest and make even more money off us. Monterey should have known that you can only go to presentation if you are 18 or above and they would see his birth date off drivers license. My husband was never told in-house finance at all. He never signed for that either. He would have said NO once Monterey denied him. I think this is fraud right there

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
It depends on what your contract reads. What does the contract state about financing and credit reports?

Many time share operators are pure scammers and they will do whatever they need to do to lock you into a contract, good credit or not. The key is the contract and what it states.

Mar 3, 2019
I regretfully joined in October 2016. I let my sister talk me into it. She thought it would be great for us to join. I’ve regretted that decision ever since. I would love for this company to be closed down.

Mar 3, 2019
I will gladly join in any group effort to shut this company down. I myself am not sure how to go about this. But will take advice on what to do.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
There are so many stories about how these time share companies work I am surprised that people still go to these presentations.

A legitimate company would not require you to sign on the dotted line right away- they’d allow you to go home and think about it. I actually did one of these time share presentations knowing I had no intention of buying anything and watched folks get wrapped up in the presentation and outright lies that these presenters would say to get people to sign. And to watch the anger of the salespeople when I didn’t buy. The prices dropped drastically when I pointed to my watch and said their time was up and the salesman actually tried to lock the door when I got up to leave. And I was watching others signing contacts.

What most people don’t know if they you usually have three days to cancel the contract and get out from under it. They wait until they get home and it’s too late.

The only way to stop this is to write to your local lawmakers and ask them to take action.

Aug 8, 2019
There are so many stories about how these time share companies work I am surprised that people still go to these presentations.

A legitimate company would not require you to sign on the dotted line right away- they’d allow you to go home and think about it. I actually did one of these time share presentations knowing I had no intention of buying anything and watched folks get wrapped up in the presentation and outright lies that these presenters would say to get people to sign. And to watch the anger of the salespeople when I didn’t buy. The prices dropped drastically when I pointed to my watch and said their time was up and the salesman actually tried to lock the door when I got up to leave. And I was watching others signing contacts.

What most people don’t know if they you usually have three days to cancel the contract and get out from under it. They wait until they get home and it’s too late.

The only way to stop this is to write to your local lawmakers and ask them to take action.
I to fell victim to this scam also. I have filed my cancellation within the 3 day period. But I am still uncertain if they will process it through or not?
Do you have any tips for me to see this process through. I have mailed and emailed a copy of the cancellation paper to the company. It has been signed by me and a notary as well. I would have went in face to face tomorrow but they are closed and I am heading home tomorrow. Also I tried to go back in today just a couple hours after I signed but they were closed an hour earlier than they were meant to be.
What else can I do to ensure my membership has been processed and cancelled?
Please reply. Thank you

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I to fell victim to this scam also. I have filed my cancellation within the 3 day period. But I am still uncertain if they will process it through or not?
Do you have any tips for me to see this process through. I have mailed and emailed a copy of the cancellation paper to the company. It has been signed by me and a notary as well. I would have went in face to face tomorrow but they are closed and I am heading home tomorrow. Also I tried to go back in today just a couple hours after I signed but they were closed an hour earlier than they were meant to be.
What else can I do to ensure my membership has been processed and cancelled?
Please reply. Thank you
Well, Taylor, if you paid by credit card, you may be lucky. I really, really hope that you're able to skate out of this awful deal. If they say in writing that they've processed a cancellation and refund, verify the credit card number that they have on file. Then monitor your account every day. Find out how long you have to file a dispute with your CC and give the scammers, sorry, the company time to refund your money. But not too much time. Good luck and please let us know the outcome.

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
You need to follow the directions in the “right to cancel” document. It often involves a very different address than the offices you visited. This should be done by Overnight Certified Mail or Fed Ex/UPS signature required. Follow the fine print to the letter.