World Discovered Pacific

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Dec 13, 2018
My name is Shayne, and unfortunately I fell victim to what I believe was a scam from a travel club called World Discovered Pacific in Hawaii. I am now experiencing this buyers remorse as I have found no actual value in their product. I have stopped paying them even though I know this will probably hurt me more than them. I am looking for any advice if you have some to give about this situation before I seek legal council to help me resolve this issue. If you could email back with any referrals for further action it would be greatly appreciated. I live in California so I’m not sure what laws would apply to this situation other than contract binding ones.
Thanks again. I will gladly elaborate on my specific situation if there are any question.

Edited to remove posters email address

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 13, 2018
You will need to obtain an attorney. You had a certain number of days to cancel the contract - if you went beyond that date- you need an attorney.

These clubs are always a mistake to buy into.
That is very clear after the fact that I had made a mistake. I feel I was deceived. So a follow up question would be what happens if I just stop paying the financing company? I’ve already done this. Any idea how much an attorney would be to assist in a case like this? Thanks for the reply.

Carrie Livingston

Staff Member
Advocate
Jan 6, 2015
St Louis
There is likely a pro bono law office somewhere in your area, although if you are in a small town, there might not be. I would google that and your town's name and try to speak with one of those attorney's to get some ideas.

Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
That is very clear after the fact that I had made a mistake. I feel I was deceived. So a follow up question would be what happens if I just stop paying the financing company? I’ve already done this. Any idea how much an attorney would be to assist in a case like this? Thanks for the reply.
If you simply stop paying for a contracted obligation, many things can happen, all of them bad. You can be taken to court for the payments, your credit rating will suffer, and you may find you are unable to obtain credit for credit cards, auto purchases or a mortgage. You need to see an attorney who can review the specifics of your contract ASAP and advise you of your options.

What is the program you agreed to in terms of benefits? How much did you agree to pay in your contract? What are the payments and for what term?

Dec 13, 2018
Unfortunately, I did not. I wanted to give it a try when we got home from Oahu, to book a trip to India that we had planned. I found out then that the deals on their portal were basically the same as in the free sites.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Unfortunately, I did not. I wanted to give it a try when we got home from Oahu, to book a trip to India that we had planned. I found out then that the deals on their portal were basically the same as in the free sites.
One thing to remember is if the deals are so great, you should be forced to buy something immediately. These companies know if you have time to go home and think about it - you won't buy. Its the same as time shares. A legitimate company doesn't force a sale like this.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Shayne, you should spend some time online and find stories about what others (and there are many) have done in your position. There have been several threads on this forum; have a look at "Vacation Rentals". There might be some intel that you can use to extricate yourself. These so-called travel clubs are all scams, and they play hard ball. You can't just stop making contractually-agreed payments, you'll ruin your credit rating. I wish we could be of more help.

Dec 19, 2014
Sorry to hear about your experience.

Just curious. How much was the contract? how much do you "owe"? Are we talking thousands? ten thousands?

Did you "finance" the product?

Dec 13, 2018
You will need to obtain an attorney. You had a certain number of days to cancel the contract - if you went beyond that date- you need an attorney.

Sorry to hear about your experience.

Just curious. How much was the contract? how much do you "owe"? Are we talking thousands? ten thousands?

Did you "finance" the product?
Sorry for the late reply. We owe a finance company about $4000 more after paying 900 upfront and 150 a month since April. I stopped paying two months ago out of pure frustration. Not my best decision. Thanks for the reply

Dec 13, 2018
Shayne, you should spend some time online and find stories about what others (and there are many) have done in your position. There have been several threads on this forum; have a look at "Vacation Rentals". There might be some intel that you can use to extricate yourself. These so-called travel clubs are all scams, and they play hard ball. You can't just stop making contractually-agreed payments, you'll ruin your credit rating. I wish we could be of more help.
Thanks you, I have been looking around the internet and there are definitely a lot of people that have filed complaints with the BBB about World Discovered’s parent company SaveOnResorts, but they claim not to care about what their subsidiaries do with their product, which is the actual travel software that World discover sells the licensing to unsuspecting idiots like me and my wife.

Dec 13, 2018

So when all is said and done and I pay for an attorney (because I think I make more than is allowed for pro bono) I’ll end up paying more that I would have if I just pay it off, or am I wrong. I kind of don’t even really want money back, just to be forgivin

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Even with an attorney you might have to pay, there is no guarantee an attorney can get you out of the contract either.

They can ruin your credit report if you don’t pay. I would suggest you see if you can get a free consultation with an attorney who can look over the contract you signed and tell you what your options are.

Dec 19, 2014
As Neil said, you need to either look over the contract or have an attorney look over the contract. Do you know all the terms of what you purchased? Are you only on the hook for $4000, or are there mandatory recurring fees or assessments that you are on the hook for? How can you terminate the contract? etc

Jan 21, 2019
Yep..My husband and I just got back from Hawaii. Although I warned my husband ahead of time about the high pressure and not to signed..they hook..line..and sinkered him. I kept telling them NO at least 5 times. They tried 4 diffrent agents on us and each time lowering the price. They lied to us about calling a number to make reservations. Said we would receive cheaper prices than could be booked anywhere. Cheaper hotels and 40 percent off activities. Said they cut out the middle guys. So..anyway my husband and I got into a huge fight and signed up anyway. They convinced him of Triple A status.. 8 day luxury condo and all the credits he would receive plus his guests he invited. He didnt catch the 3 day cancellation policy. That passed before we even got home. So..I went a head and booked travel in April on Alaska Airlines and a hotel. Called the number and they said they stopped booking travel last year and he needed to book it himself on the website. So I did the leg work and booked it using their website and got the very same price on airline ticket and very same price on Hotel. We called 4 diffrent times and no-one could answer our questions. Not even the sales department. There is no savings that we could find using this product. He entered into a 17 plus percent and financed almost $4000 with nothing down but financed a down payment as well. They got him to write his credit card down as authorized. We now have to cancel card..notify fraud department and have new card issues. I will be reporting this experience to Better Business Bureau. I will also be writing letter to the 3 credit reporting agencies to note his credit report. Will be notifying the financial entity who is financing this and will advise as many travel agencies regarding this to warn others. Probably find out address to HEAD Travel Agency to advice ALL Travel Agencies about this scam. Will be notifying airlines as well. His credit will be jeopardized but all we can do. Can't afford a lawyer.

Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Yep..My husband and I just got back from Hawaii. Although I warned my husband ahead of time about the high pressure and not to signed..they hook..line..and sinkered him. I kept telling them NO at least 5 times. They tried 4 diffrent agents on us and each time lowering the price. They lied to us about calling a number to make reservations. Said we would receive cheaper prices than could be booked anywhere. Cheaper hotels and 40 percent off activities. Said they cut out the middle guys. So..anyway my husband and I got into a huge fight and signed up anyway. They convinced him of Triple A status.. 8 day luxury condo and all the credits he would receive plus his guests he invited. He didnt catch the 3 day cancellation policy. That passed before we even got home. So..I went a head and booked travel in April on Alaska Airlines and a hotel. Called the number and they said they stopped booking travel last year and he needed to book it himself on the website. So I did the leg work and booked it using their website and got the very same price on airline ticket and very same price on Hotel. We called 4 diffrent times and no-one could answer our questions. Not even the sales department. There is no savings that we could find using this product. He entered into a 17 plus percent and financed almost $4000 with nothing down but financed a down payment as well. They got him to write his credit card down as authorized. We now have to cancel card..notify fraud department and have new card issues. I will be reporting this experience to Better Business Bureau. I will also be writing letter to the 3 credit reporting agencies to note his credit report. Will be notifying the financial entity who is financing this and will advise as many travel agencies regarding this to warn others. Probably find out address to HEAD Travel Agency to advice ALL Travel Agencies about this scam. Will be notifying airlines as well. His credit will be jeopardized but all we can do. Can't afford a lawyer.
You can contest the charge on your CC, but you signed a binding contract. You will likely lose the credit card chargeback unless you can prove (not simply "state") that the services advertised are not real. You will need to assemble concrete data to support your case for a chargeback.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
The BBB is useless. They can’t do anything except present your complaint to the company and post the companies response. They can’t enforce anything.

You can try your State Attorney General but unfortunately you signed a binding contract. If you write and state what you told us- the prices were the same as what was posted online- it might help your case. But if your contract doesn’t state they will guarantee lower prices- there isn’t much you can do.

I’m sorry this happened to you but your story is a lesson for others.

Feb 3, 2017
Canceling a credit card doesn't mean it will not pay - as noted, you signed a binding contract. Were the terms and conditions clearly stated but you signed anyway or were the terms and conditions not clearly stated?

What was stated in the contract (not their verbal sales pitch) that was not, in fact, true (bad as it was)?

I agree - get in touch with Attorney General - see if there is some avenue there. BBB is useless.