World Class Transportation will not process refund!!!

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 23, 2019
I do have an active case with the advocacy department, however, they have called this company 2 weeks ago and this still is not resolved!

I have been very frustrated in dealing with World Class Transportation in Chicago, Illinois, and trying to obtain a refund in the amount of $180.00. We have trying to get this refund since September 19, 2018, and at this point feel that both individuals we have contacted via the phone and email, are just giving us the runaround and hoping we will simply give up!

Called for reservation with World Class Transportation at 312-647-9386 (based on hotel home page recommendation on 9/18/18 and provided Bank of America Debit card to charge $180.00 for transportation from O’Hare Airport to Hotel on 9/24/18. Yes, I know, lesson learned to NEVER USE A DEBIT CARD TO MAKE RESERVATIONS AGAIN!

The reservation was cancelled reservation on 9/19/18. My husband and I began calling and contacting them on 10/3/18 after we had returned from Chicago and did not see a credit of any kind. We have emailed and called them a total of 14 times with no resolution! They asked us to send them proof that the debit was made and we provided a screenshot of the debit page from our Bank. Still nothing!

Mu gut tells me that I will need to contact both the hotel that provided their contact information as being "stellar" and let them know what type of company they are recommending to their customers, along with posting negative Yelp reviews, contacting the Better Business Bureau, and possibly small claims in Chicago, however, any advice you may have as to how to proceed would be great-thank you!

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Neil's asked the pivotal question. If the company cancelled the res, it's just a matter of time until they get tired of you asking and they'll send you a refund. You just need to ask every week. If this company appeared on a hotel's website, I would surely lean on them for some help.

But if you cancelled ... are you sure that the cancellation went through properly? Was your reservation cancellable? Did you get a confirmation of cancellation? Were there any little caveats about how you don't get your money back if you don't do "this or that"? This is a situation we see often ... a traveller doesn't notice all the little picky things involved in today's booking travel with technology.

Jan 23, 2019
Hello there,

The company did not cancel the transportation, we did 24 hours after the initial reservation was made. We have contacted them 14 times via email and phone calls, with no resolution! We never received a cancellation confirmation from them, but within the emails I have received from them, acknowledge they were mistaken in not providing us a refund and "promised" to correct this error immediately-still nothing...very frustrating.

On their website under refunds and cancellation policy, this is what they have:
"All cancellations must be done 24 hours before boarding. If you cancel your reservation before the 24 hour period, your refund will be returned within 72 hours."

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Hello there,

The company did not cancel the transportation, we did 24 hours after the initial reservation was made. We have contacted them 14 times via email and phone calls, with no resolution! We never received a cancellation confirmation from them, but within the emails I have received from them, acknowledge they were mistaken in not providing us a refund and "promised" to correct this error immediately-still nothing...very frustrating.

On their website under refunds and cancellation policy, this is what they have:
"All cancellations must be done 24 hours before boarding. If you cancel your reservation before the 24 hour period, your refund will be returned within 72 hours."
Did you cancel 24 hours and 1 second after you booked it? It seems perhaps you didn't make the 24 hour cancellation.

Jan 23, 2019
Did you cancel 24 hours and 1 second after you booked it? It seems perhaps you didn't make the 24 hour cancellation.
We cancelled the reservation the day after we made it-our reservation was made on September 18th (cancelled on the 19th) for transportation to be provided on September 24th.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
The next day can be more than 24 hours. If you booked at 10 am on Sept 8 but canceled at
11 am Sept 9- you canceled more than 24 hours after you made the res.

The time you booked and exact time you canceled is the key to whether you are entitled to a refund.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
The next day can be more than 24 hours. If you booked at 10 am on Sept 8 but canceled at
11 am Sept 9- you canceled more than 24 hours after you made the res.

The time you booked and exact time you canceled is the key to whether you are entitled to a refund.
She needed to (and did) cancel 24 hours from BOARDING, not 24 hours from the time the res was made.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
She needed to (and did) cancel 24 hours from BOARDING, not 24 hours from the time the res was made.
I apologize- I kept reading it as when it was booked.

We need to get you executive contacts to go further up the chain. Please complete this request for contacts:

https://www.elliott.org/research/

Once you receive them, use this thread to write.

https://forum.elliott.org/threads/resolving-consumer-complaints-and-developing-a-paper-trail.8903/

Hopefully getting executive contacts will fix this.

Jan 23, 2019
I apologize- I kept reading it as when it was booked.

We need to get you executive contacts to go further up the chain. Please complete this request for contacts:

https://www.elliott.org/research/

Once you receive them, use this thread to write.

https://forum.elliott.org/threads/resolving-consumer-complaints-and-developing-a-paper-trail.8903/

Hopefully getting executive contacts will fix this.
Thank you. I also have an open case with the advocacy group, who contacted them unsuccessfully.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Since you say the advocacy folks are working in this, there really isn’t anything else we can advise you in. Best thing to do is wait and see if they can get a refund for you . Otherwise a letter to your State Attorney General is in order.

Jan 23, 2019
Since you say the advocacy folks are working in this, there really isn’t anything else we can advise you in. Best thing to do is wait and see if they can get a refund for you . Otherwise a letter to your State Attorney General is in order.
Thank you Neil-actually the advocacy group suggested that I post to see if there were any different avenues I could pursue. My question is, if they are not successful in getting this refund, I am going to contact the hotel that recommended them, the BBB in Illinois, post reviews on Yelp and see about a small claims case. The complication is that this company is in Illinois and I am located in California, so it’s may be more difficult to file any paperwork they require in person...any other suggestions?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
The BBB is useless. Don’t even bother. They do nothing more than send your letter to the company and report the companies response to you. They can’t force the company to do a thing. The AG is better to file a complaint with. Yelp will be more effective than the BBB.

Use Social Media as a last resource. Find out if they have a FB or Twitter account.

And you might have to sue in Small Claims Court but check their terms - you might have to file in the County they ate located in.

The advocates always advise folks to come here too but we don’t always have solution that works better than them publicizing the problem.

Jan 23, 2019
The BBB is useless. Don’t even bother. They do nothing more than send your letter to the company and report the companies response to you. They can’t force the company to do a thing. The AG is better to file a complaint with. Yelp will be more effective than the BBB.

Use Social Media as a last resource. Find out if they have a FB or Twitter account.

And you might have to sue in Small Claims Court but check their terms - you might have to file in the County they ate located in.

The advocates always advise folks to come here too but we don’t always have solution that works better than them publicizing the problem.
Thanks a million Neil, I appreciate the help and guidance.

Nov 27, 2017
I would also suggest leaning on the hotel. Just give them a friendly call and let them know that you're having some refund issues from a company that they endorse. A concierge or front desk person might have a contact for the company. Remember, you are asking for their help and keep it short and sweet.