Woman Within Return Policy

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 5, 2019
I made an on line order from Woman Within which had free shipping and returns on 1-11-19. Then needed a replacement; was advised to hold the entire order until the replacement arrived and then return anything I didn't want all at one time. The replacement arrived the day, but after, I left for vacation. I returned from vacation with bronchitis followed by pneumonia-for 1 month. This was followed by severe daily migraines which are STILL being treating. Woman Within has a 60 day return policy. I missed the date by 6 days due to my medical issues. On 4-8-19, I received the entire order back at my doorstep and made the first phone call to find out why . I have talked with company staff, including those who take orders up to a woman with "executive communications" I have also emailed with executive communications. The office is ignoring me at this point. On 5-3-19 I disputed the charges through my credit card.

Sep 19, 2015
If you have disputed the amount with your credit card there is little we can advise at this point.

You have to let that that process finish.

I am not sure taking a vacation and then being sick and missing refund deadline s a legitimate use of a credit card chargeback

Jul 13, 2016
You won't win the chargeback. You ordered the items and they were delivered. The contract between you and the store is complete. You also agreed the the terms and conditions for refunding at the time of purchase. Unfortunately, circumstances caused the missed deadline. You can ask for an exception, but it sounds like Woman Within has already said no.

Mar 23, 2015
As a fellow migraine sufferer, I want to be sympathetic; however, my first thought is: couldn't someone else in the household have taken it to the post office? Or you can call UPS/USPS for pick up if you aren't feeling well, since it's prepaid postage there's no need to leave the house. Surely, at some point someone left to get groceries or run an errand and this could have been taken care of? Not saying this to poke you in the eye, but to point out that this is likely the way that Woman Within is also viewing your request. But, a sincere email requesting an exception to policy with a lot of "Life got away from me and I goofed" without playing for sympathy might get you a one time free pass. Good Luck.

Aug 9, 2017
Woman Within provides a prepaid return label for USPS. They further outline methods to actually do the return such as mailbox, Post Office, and a web address to schedule a pickup. So inspite of illnesses, and lack of any indcation you were hospitalized, I think it reasonable that you could have returned the items in the stipulated time frame.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I'm sorry this has all happened. Please tell me you didn't actually file a credit card dispute. You ordered and received the goods, disputing the charge is fraud. I advise you to "try again" in writing. If you filed it, admit your ignorance and cancel the CC dispute. Admit responsibility for causing this problem and not undersanding how a CC dispute works. Apologize for your behaviour. Cut your narrative down so that it can be easily understood with one read-through. Tell them how much you would appreciate an exception to their rules. Be polite, patient and persistent. Good luck and please let us know what happens.

May 5, 2019
I am still attempting to resolve the issue. During the worst of my illness's I did the most important things for my health; get to MD, pharmacy and minimal grocery shopping. Getting to PO or even looking on line for alternative methods to get the package back did not occur to me. I am just now taking down and slowly getting Christmas /winter decorations put away. Thank you all for your advice and information. I will also see if I am able to find senior executive contacts and email again using resources on this site. Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

mmb

Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
I am still attempting to resolve the issue. During the worst of my illness's I did the most important things for my health; get to MD, pharmacy and minimal grocery shopping. Getting to PO or even looking on line for alternative methods to get the package back did not occur to me. I am just now taking down and slowly getting Christmas /winter decorations put away. Thank you all for your advice and information. I will also see if I am able to find senior executive contacts and email again using resources on this site. Any other thoughts would be appreciated.
Dear @HelpWomanW/i - I sincerely understand what went on (and didn’t go on!) in your life at this time.
These major illness are time-consuming and debilitating. Just getting through the day is a chore.
That said, it is also a time when there are just a lot of additional expenses. If all of your efforts fail in trying to return these items, then please just add it to your costs and forgive yourself for the the loss. I’m sure if you had understood the ramifications of your inaction, you would have tried harder to get it done, but, these things happen.
Hope you are feeling better.

May 5, 2019
If you have disputed the amount with your credit card there is little we can advise at this point.

You have to let that that process finish.

I am not sure taking a vacation and then being sick and missing refund deadline s a legitimate use of a credit card chargeback
I was told by WW to hold the original order until the replacement order arrived then send everything back at once. I just spoke with my CC comp. to ask about the dispute process. After we went through everything I realized it was an error to file dispute and canceled.

May 5, 2019
I apologize for my misunderstanding of the cc dispute I canceled that today after talking with my cc comp. As it turns out the cc company resolved the smaller of the 2 disputes as a courtesy and the person who took my initial dispute information did not inform me it was not a valid reason. The only person's name I am finding consistently for executives is President and CEO, Emilie Arel. I am looking for thoughts re: contacting her via US mail as I have not found any email address. Thanks for your help.