Wish.com

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jul 15, 2019
I have used the Wish website several times with no problems but have noted that clothing on their site comes from China and the sizing is very different than ours. My husband and I have made some adjustments when it comes to clothing but on a recent order there was an item that was simply too odd to make use of.

I contacted the website to request a return on this item and seem to have run into dealing with nothing but bots or persons who will do nothing but act like bots. I was made to go through their website process four times, each time with a ‘promise’ that I would be contacted in a day or two, but never received a response. So I turned to email, which only led to a different track of the same tactic.

The item in question, a jacket, is very oddly made and, while not expensive, a return would be the right way to go yet Wish has done nothing, either on their website or by email, to lead in that direction. Rather, they have delayed ad obfuscated to dance around the issue which I’m sure is to simply run time so that by their rules, it will simply be too late to expect a return.

I would still like to return the item and have a credit issued to the card I used to make the purchase and to warn all consumers to stay away from clothing sold on their site. The amount in question is not large ($22) but the lack of customer care is as well as the site’s unstated refusal to deal with returns is.

Can this retailer be made accountable? A photo showing the item and the order number is attached.

Attachments

Aug 27, 2018
On other consumer sites, I have encouraged folks to throughly research who they are buying from. I made the error of buying a top from a company from China. It took 8 weeks to receive the item. It was of poor quality fabric, but at least it fit. There are so many of these companies out there now that I think we as consumers need to do our due diligence about the company before we order. Getting a refund is just about impossible. It is truly a buyer beware situation.

Jul 15, 2019
I realized the problem - yet still made several attempts to effect a return through the company both via their website (useless and seemingly deliberately circular) and by phone, which directed me to using an app, and by email, which only got more circular treatment. Thus the complaints. It is truly caveat emptor time when online and no more clothes from China for us, the sizes are exponentially different and it seems the proportions are too.

Mar 23, 2015
A return to a retailer in China, like Wish, is going to cost you at least $22 to mail back. I just returned something myself to a retailer there, (which they are of course claiming they never received since there's no way to track it, but that's another story). It isn't worth it. If it's possible to donate it, donate it and write it off, if not, maybe it's a funny story?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
If you paid with a strong credit card, and if you want to play hardball, you could dispute the $22. At least that would make someone pay attention. Returning the jacket would cost a fortune. In reality, it's not an expensive lesson to learn, and moving on is the best option.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
If you paid with a strong credit card, and if you want to play hardball, you could dispute the $22. At least that would make someone pay attention. Returning the jacket would cost a fortune. In reality, it's not an expensive lesson to learn, and moving on is the best option.
The only issue to consider with a dispute is they may require her to return the jacket.

Jul 15, 2019
UPDATE - a complaint to the BBB was sent to Wish and they've replied that they're going to issue a refund. I said I'll take it but it would be better if they learned to communicate with their buyers and handle returns of unwanted items. We shall see if the credit ever issues but at least it stuck a big enough pin in Wish to get a reply.