why my booking was cancelled

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 23, 2015
I dont understand in a country like USA a website steal peoples money and operate normally. And the most democratic country like USA doesnt do anything. It is totally reduculous and Ironical why people dont get justice.[ ... ] Still some people in this forum defend those websites
1: This is not a USA website. 2: NOBODY is "defending those website"! Quite to the contrary, it has been stated by just about everyone on this forum that you should NOT use those kinds of sites, because they often cannot deliver what they promise to sell and they cover themselves thru their terms and conditions. It is 100% on the consumer to be informed before turning over their money to a third party.

Nov 25, 2018
Here are higher contacts for Vayama:

Secondary Contact
Hans van Druenen
Vice President of Global Operations
333 W Santa Clara Street
Suite 800
San Jose, CA 95113
[email protected]

Chief Executive
John Mangelaars
Chief Executive Officer
333 W Santa Clara Street
Suite 800
San Jose, CA 95113
[email protected]
@Neil
Thank you so much for taking time to respond. I filed a complaint to US Aviation Consumer Protection Unit. They contacted Vayama and it looks solved so far. By next week they will do refund

mmb

Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
hmmmmm. US Aviation Consumer Protection.
Part of transportation.gov
Good to know. Never heard of it before.
Anyone else?

Jul 16, 2016
Unfortunately what you see as "criticizing the victim", the people on this site trying to help you see as "telling you how the world works" and pointing out realities and ways that you can help yourself so you do not run into problems like this.
I understand your emotions are running high right now, but as an example of impracticality you say you will fly to CA to file in small claims court- but I think it will cost you much more to fly to CA from overseas than the ticket cost in the first place, and then they ask for a continuance and you have to do it a second time. So you see why we advise other ways of handling it, including patience.
But yes- you can be "right" and it still might not be worth pursuing unless you try a chargeback on the credit card (please read other cases on this site where this was done incorrectly https://www.elliott.org/case-dismissed-2/chargeback-error-disastrous-results/ ), just don't shoot the messengers.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Unfortunately what you see as "criticizing the victim", the people on this site trying to help you see as "telling you how the world works" and pointing out realities and ways that you can help yourself so you do not run into problems like this.
I understand your emotions are running high right now, but as an example of impracticality you say you will fly to CA to file in small claims court- but I think it will cost you much more to fly to CA from overseas than the ticket cost in the first place, and then they ask for a continuance and you have to do it a second time. So you see why we advise other ways of handling it, including patience.
But yes- you can be "right" and it still might not be worth pursuing unless you try a chargeback on the credit card (please read other cases on this site where this was done incorrectly https://www.elliott.org/case-dismissed-2/chargeback-error-disastrous-results/ ), just don't shoot the messengers.
You usually can’t dispute a charge until it has actually been charged to your statement, and a dispute is the last thing you do after you try everything else. The first question they will ask when you file a dispute is if you tried to resolve it with the company.

I still have to agree that it’s very frustrating to have to wait another week for the refund on a ticket that was never actually purchased.

mmb

Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
I don’t think he ever said if it was a credit card purchase or a debit.
I somehow got the impression it was a debit.
There is No reason a charge cannot be reversed and credited to your account in real time.
I recently paid for 2 flights on Frontier with my chase visa.
As soon as I did I remembered it had a voucher so cancelled.
The charge and the credit came through on the SAME day.
I could see it online.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
There is No reason a charge cannot be reversed and credited to your account in real time.
I could see it online.
He did not book directly with the airline. Vayama uses the float.

Nov 25, 2018
Even if it cost me more than what I lost to file a case against crime I will pursue my right. It is my right and I wont keep quiet about it. Where is justice? Are you a lawyer? you have to know this. Why do law exist if some people always comit crime and no one complains because "legal cost is too much" as you imply. Unfortunately you are one of those who keep shut down and dont complain to find justice. In a country like USA where law exist why wont you find justice even if it cost you more? What is the use of law?

Nov 25, 2018
I could see it online.
it is debit card purchase.

Nov 25, 2018
He did not book directly with the airline. Vayama uses the float.
Even if I did not book directly from airline, Vayama is legally existing business and they do not have any right to cheat any customer. It is a crime and a breach of contract. If I go to court for the lose they caused me the court will find me right. If they advertised and I bought from their website tell me do they have right to charge and cancell and keep me wait 1 week in aiport? They could book the next day light.

Dwayne Coward

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Apr 13, 2016
St. Louis
Status
Not open for further replies.