why my booking was cancelled

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
if they are selling seats that were nolonger available that is the their mistake I am not suppose to suffer. If it is a fraud this is illegal and not my mistake. And for your information buying a ticket 2 days before is common I always bought it like this and even then Vayama doesnt have right to steal my money because I bought it 2 days before. It is funny you are defending them and assuming they are right to charge and cancel because I bought it 2 days before. If they at all they were unable to verify the credit cards why would they charge?They could say"" Oh you know What mr Adow you are buying 2 days before.sorrry we couldnt process your payment.Buys 10 days later!!!"
Here are Vayamas terms. Did you receive a booking request acknowledgement AND then the confirmation with ticket number? If so- use our Company Contacts and write.

Purchase of Travel Products and Cancellations by Vayama
When you make a booking request for a Travel Product on Vayama, Vayama will send a "Booking Request Acknowledgement" email. Vayama will then process your request and send you a confirmation email when the booking is confirmed (e.g., when an itinerary has been ticketed). The "Booking Request Acknowledgement" is not a confirmation of ticketing. Note that the fare and availability of your booking request may change during the time it takes Vayama to process your booking request. Your reservation is not confirmed and your purchase is not completed until Vayama sends you an E-ticket confirmation. In some cases Vayama may determine that it is unable to confirm your tickets. Reasons that Vayama may be unable to confirm your tickets include, but are not limited to, changes in the fare amount or the availability of the flights you have requested, an airline's failure to confirm the booking request, incomplete or inaccurate payment information, rejection of a method of payment, concerns that the booking request was unauthorized or fraudulent, or other issues that may prohibit fulfillment of your request for a particular Travel Product. Vayama will notify you if it is unable to process your request. If Vayama is unable to process your request, Vayama may suggest an alternative Travel Product for you. You are, however, under no obligation to purchase any such alternative.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Do you mean by chargıng peoples cards and not offerıng the servıce you fınd yoursef rıght? If that is in your terms and condition your business is fraud. And it wont survive long.
If you want help from us it’s brst not to insult us.

We are volunteers and need to fully understand exactly what happened with your purchase to figure out how to assist you.

Nov 25, 2018
Here are Vayamas terms. Did you receive a booking request acknowledgement AND then the confirmation with ticket number? If so- use our Company Contacts and write.

When you make a booking request for a Travel Product on Vayama, Vayama will send a "Booking Request Acknowledgement" email. Vayama will then process your request and send you a confirmation email when the booking is confirmed (e.g., when an itinerary has been ticketed). The "Booking Request Acknowledgement" is not a confirmation of ticketing. Note that the fare and availability of your booking request may change during the time it takes Vayama to process your booking request. Your reservation is not confirmed and your purchase is not completed until Vayama sends you an E-ticket confirmation. In some cases Vayama may determine that it is unable to confirm your tickets. Reasons that Vayama may be unable to confirm your tickets include, but are not limited to, changes in the fare amount or the availability of the flights you have requested, an airline's failure to confirm the booking request, incomplete or inaccurate payment information, rejection of a method of payment, concerns that the booking request was unauthorized or fraudulent, or other issues that may prohibit fulfillment of your request for a particular Travel Product. Vayama will notify you if it is unable to process your request. If Vayama is unable to process your request, Vayama may suggest an alternative Travel Product for you. You are, however, under no obligation to purchase any such alternative.
MR. Neil I have read these terms you sent me. All the condiotions you wrote here has nothing to do with me. I purchased the booking and paid normally. Cancellation is done by Vayama not me. I wasnt given any reason why it was cancelled.Even then it is not my mistake.

Nov 25, 2018

Nov 25, 2018
But did you receive the e-ticket confirmation with the ticket number? That’s what we need to know in order to direct you properly.
I received a booking request acknowledgement and immediately followed by cancellation. There was no E-ticket provided. They will refund me as they said. But I am stranded they need to do it first.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Ok. We only have their US numbers:

Phone Contacts
Customer Service: (650) 265-1856 (24/7); (650) 428-0700
Corporate:
Corporate headquarters:
Travix Nederland B.V
Piet Heinkade 55
NL-1019 GM Amsterdam
Netherlands
Phone: +31 (0)20 702 7200

Primary Contact
David Rush
Customer Relations Manager
333 W Santa Clara Street
Suite 800
San Jose, CA 95113
drush@travix.com

Have you posted on their Facebook and Twitter accounts? Sometimes that gets faster action.

Have you also called your bank and asked if there was an actual debit to the account or if there is just a hold? A hold can be worse then an actual debit to reverse.

mmb

Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
I didnt ask the bank. And no social media so far. I just talked to David Rash and he asured to get refunded but I have to wait. Thank you Mr Neil for your concern
@ibrahimadow - I totally get your point.
Taking your funds and then taking days/weeks to return those funds to you should be a crime. It has been tolerated for so long that everyone here in the USA just seems to accept the practice.
Your situation shows clearly that it is harmful. If a company can take your money instantly it should be able to refund that money, to which they have NO rights, within one day.
You are right and someone should do something about it.
On the other hand, I’m not sure an internet company has to obtain any licenses to operate. You and others need to be scrupulously careful BEFORE you hand over your account numbers to ANYONE online.

Nov 25, 2018
@ibrahimadow - I totally get your point.
Taking your funds and then taking days/weeks to return those funds to you should be a crime. It has been tolerated for so long that everyone here in the USA just seems to accept the practice.
Your situation shows clearly that it is harmful. If a company can take your money instantly it should be able to refund that money, to which they have NO rights, within one day.
You are right and someone should do something about it.
On the other hand, I’m not sure an internet company has to obtain any licenses to operate. You and others need to be scrupulously careful BEFORE you hand over your account numbers to ANYONE online.
I dont understand in a country like USA a website steal peoples money and operate normally. And the most democratic country like USA doesnt do anything. It is totally reduculous and Ironical why people dont get justice. Now I dont have money-no flight-lost job offer. I was suppose to fly tonight.Atleast they could boook me another flight if the original one was cancelled. Still some people in this forum defend those websites

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I dont understand in a country like USA a website steal peoples money and operate normally. And the most democratic country like USA doesnt do anything. It is totally reduculous and Ironical why people dont get justice. Now I dont have money-no flight-lost job offer. I was suppose to fly tonight.Atleast they could boook me another flight if the original one was cancelled. Still some people in this forum defend those websites
We wish we could stop this kind of thing as well. Are you located in the US? If you aren’t- our laws may not apply but even so- people keep buying, these OTAs will keep operating.

The terms and conditions these companies set up give them an out for almost anything. And people never check reviews or read the terms and conditions before they use these sites- they just book. That’s how they stay in business.

We wish we could tell everyone to book directly with the airlines and hotels and not use these websites. If it seems too good to be true- it usually is.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Vatya
Then if we are suppose to always buy directly from airline website why do hundreds of airline agents exist and do their bussiness legally? why are they given licence for doing business?
Vayama is NOT an agent of the airline. It is a website that takes your money and might give you a ticket. You did not receive a ticket confirmation, thus you never had a ticket. Whether they have any license anywhere is not clear.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Flyig to CA to file a case will happen in future if they wont pay back. One day it will happen. It is my right. It is right and obligation for every citizen to report a crime. Especially in this case I am absolutely right.
If your communication with Vayama includes this type of legal threat, they will stop communicating with you.

Mar 23, 2015
No one here is "criticizing the victim and protecting the airline agent." The people here are VOLUNTEER advocates who try to assist people who've been wronged and who give OBJECTIVE advice, based upon airline and FAA and TSA regulations. You may not like what you're being told, but it is factual. Arguing with the advocates, NONE of WHOM WORK FOR VAYAMA, will get you nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.