why my booking was cancelled

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 25, 2018
I booked flght flight from istanbul to kenya on 24.11.2918. The flght is scheduled for 26.11.2018(monday). After I paid, travel agency by the name Vayama where I booked the flght cancelled the booking without giving me any reason. The customer care told me the money will be refunded. I am still waiting but have no much trust. I am stranded now in foreign land. I need the money to be refunded immediately. Is there someone to help me get refunded soon?

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
I booked a flight from Istanbul to Kenya on 24.11.2918. The flight is scheduled for 26.11.2018(monday). After I paid, travel agency by the name Vayama where I booked the flight cancelled the booking without giving me any reason. The customer care told me the money will be refunded. I am still waiting but have no much trust. I am stranded now in a foreign land. I need the money to be refunded immediately. Is there someone to help me get refunded soon?
Why didn't Vayama reschedule you for another flight on another day? Did you look to see if the actual flight you were booked on had been canceled?
Did you look for other airlines/flights that fly the same route?

Here are contacts for Vayama. Maybe someone will look at this before tomorrow.
https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/vayama/

Nov 25, 2018
Why didn't Vayama reschedule you for another flight on another day? Did you look to see if the actual flight you were booked on had been canceled?
Did you look for other airlines/flights that fly the same route?

Here are contacts for Vayama. Maybe someone will look at this before tomorrow.
https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/vayama/
Thank you your reply. The actual flight wanst cancelled. Vayama cancelled my booking necause I guess they posted lower deal than other agencys and they realized that they cant pay the airline. so they took my money. I wrote an email to those contacts but I wanted to know if it is normally known company. I saw some positiv review before I booked with them but I am frustrated. Let me wait this week and see if they will refund

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Thank you your reply. The actual flight wanst cancelled. Vayama cancelled my booking necause I guess they posted lower deal than other agencys and they realized that they cant pay the airline. so they took my money. I wrote an email to those contacts but I wanted to know if it is normally known company. I saw some positiv review before I booked with them but I am frustrated. Let me wait this week and see if they will refund
If the actual flight was cancelled- Vayama can’t sell you a ticket on a canceled flight. What does that have to do with price?

Stop using third party websites to book and go directly to an airline to book your ticket.

Nov 25, 2018
If the actual flight was cancelled- Vayama can’t sell you a ticket on a canceled flight. What does that have to do with price?

Stop using third party websites to book and go directly to an airline to book your ticket.
you didnt read my reply well. The actuall flight wasnt cancelled.

Sep 19, 2015
Vayama often requests credit card verification or sells tickets that are not valid and the airline cancels—
If one searches reviews on Vayama on will find this is not a unique situation.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I'm sorry you're stranded. I wish we had quicker ways to contact this online booking service but they're notorious for not helping their customers except electronically. When you don't use the airline's website and book directly with them, you're at their mercy. You could try posting on their FaceBook page to see if that might get some quicker help.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
I booked flght flight from istanbul to kenya on 24.11.2918. The flght is scheduled for 26.11.2018(monday). After I paid, travel agency by the name Vayama where I booked the flght cancelled the booking without giving me any reason. The customer care told me the money will be refunded. I am still waiting but have no much trust. I am stranded now in foreign land. I need the money to be refunded immediately. Is there someone to help me get refunded soon?
Vayama has appeared on this site a fair number of times with other problems.
https://forum.elliott.org/search/192195/?q=vayama&o=date

Nov 25, 2018
I'm sorry you're stranded. I wish we had quicker ways to contact this online booking service but they're notorious for not helping their customers except electronically. When you don't use the airline's website and book directly with them, you're at their mercy. You could try posting on their FaceBook page to see if that might get some quicker help.
I have to wait untill tomorrow as they promised. Is there any iternational court to sue such website for money stolen?

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
I have to wait untill tomorrow as they promised. Is there any iternational court to sue such website for money stolen?
You " booked a flight from Istanbul to Kenya on 24.11.2918". That was yesterday. They have not stolen anything. It can take days to sometimes WEEKS to get a refund.
And "No" there is no court. Plus you do not have a case.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Nothing was stolen. It can take several days to have the funds credited back to your account.

The flight was not canceled- your booking was and yes, it could have been because they were selling seats that were no longer available. It also could have been due a possible fraud risk- it’s not very common to buy a ticket two days before flying and they may not have been able to verify your credit card information on short notice.

Nov 25, 2018
Vayama often requests credit card verification or sells tickets that are not valid and the airline cance
Nothing was stolen. It can take several days to have the funds credited back to your account.

The flight was not canceled- your booking was and yes, it could have been because they were selling seats that were no longer available. It also could have been due a possible fraud risk- it’s not very common to buy a ticket two days before flying and they may not have been able to verify your credit card information on short notice.
if they are selling seats that were nolonger available that is the their mistake I am not suppose to suffer. If it is a fraud this is illegal and not my mistake. And for your information buying a ticket 2 days before is common I always bought it like this and even then Vayama doesnt have right to steal my money because I bought it 2 days before. It is funny you are defending them and assuming they are right to charge and cancel because I bought it 2 days before. If they at all they were unable to verify the credit cards why would they charge?They could say"" Oh you know What mr Adow you are buying 2 days before.sorrry we couldnt process your payment.Buys 10 days later!!!"

Nov 25, 2018
Then if we are suppose to always buy directly from airline website why do hundreds of airline agents exist and do their bussiness legally? why are they given licence for doing business?

Nov 25, 2018
You " booked a flight from Istanbul to Kenya on 24.11.2918". That was yesterday. They have not stolen anything. It can take days to sometimes WEEKS to get a refund.
And "No" there is no court. Plus you do not have a case.
There must be a case to file for damage they caused me. Yes I have a case if I find Court they will find me right. And they will compensate me for your information.

Sep 19, 2015
There must be a case to file for damage they caused me. Yes I have a case if I find Court they will find me right. And they will compensate me for your information.
Vayama does not have live pricing — so you can try to buy a ticket and the airline says no more tickets.

There are a lot of shoddy companies that exist and keep existing because people do not research and give them money.

Not sure what court you will find. If you bought off Vayama based in the US you agreed to CA court or small claims court which means flying to CA to sue them.

If Vayama has different county websites you need to look at what you agreed to.

Nov 25, 2018
Vayama does not have live pricing — so you can try to buy a ticket and the airline says no more tickets.

There are a lot of shoddy companies that exist and keep existing because people do not research and give them money.

Not sure what court you will find. If you bought off Vayama based in the US you agreed to CA court or small claims court which means flying to CA to sue them.

If Vayama has different county websites you need to look at what you agreed to.
Flyig to CA to file a case will happen in future if they wont pay back. One day it will happen. It is my right. It is right and obligation for every citizen to report a crime. Especially in this case I am absolutely right.

Feb 16, 2018
Did you ever receive an e-ticket from the airline? If not then the cancellation ,eats the terms and conditions you agreed to when you made the booking request.

Nov 25, 2018
Did you ever receive an e-ticket from the airline? If not then the cancellation ,eats the terms and conditions you agreed to when you made the booking request.
Do you mean by chargıng peoples cards and not offerıng the servıce you fınd yoursef rıght? If that is in your terms and condition your business is fraud. And it wont survive long.

Sep 19, 2015
Do you mean by chargıng peoples cards and not offerıng the servıce you fınd yoursef rıght? If that is in your terms and condition your business is fraud. And it wont survive long.
Did a charge actually post or just an authorization? Authorizations hold funds for a few days and then drop off.

No one here works for Vayama and we tell people not to use these third party booking engines.

Nov 25, 2018
Did a charge actually post or just an authorization? Authorizations hold funds for a few days and then drop off.

No one here works for Vayama and we tell people not to use these third party booking engines.
third party booking engines are given licence to operate but if they exploit customers this forum offers help and information to solve. not criticizing the victims and protecting the airline agent that steal peoples money.It will happen to you oneday and you ask for opinions online.

Status
Not open for further replies.