why does PayPal allow 'scam' sites use PayPal

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Sep 19, 2018
Hello:

I want to know why PayPal allows scamming websites to operate? I had a ‘poor me’ moment a few months ago, and purchased from ashra.net (as I look back on it, it was stupid of me to think it was all real lol). With that said, she has been around since 2001.

She ‘sells’ spells, and makes $2K-$5K a week, which, I think it is smart but also scamming people. She owns several other sites:

Ashra.net
freelovespells.ca (she owns the domain, it is now attached to: https://www.passion-panacea.com/,
http://www.ashraspells.com/

https://www.passion-panacea.com/

https://spellenchantments.com/

This is not hers but clearly another scammer, this one is from Russia, and they wanted to charge me $950 ( I knew it was a scam, I was curious what the person would charge lol) : https://spellshelp.com/

Another:

https://www.calastrology.com/

There are a lot more that I can list for you that I will be contacting the FBI. Her name is Sarah Catcher,(for ashra, according to the whois history for freelovespells.ca) according to everything I have discovered on the net as well as using website archive. She says she is in Australia, she use to live in Canada, I don’t care where she is there are a TON of ripoffreports, earliest dating back to 2009. I am sure there are some from 2001, Google, doesn’t go that far back anymore..

This is not a legit business and PayPal should not be serving them.

I still have transactions to be refunded back to me. The owner said she would refund back the rest that are more than 180 days old, as per PayPal rules.

I think in this case, she scammed me and she is scamming others. She has to make anywhere between $2K to $5K per week. Smart scammer, for sure.

She doesn’t refund back the money that is why she is in goo status with PayPal. She says ‘I will recast the spells in 30 days…” and then do it again at the 180 days for PayPal. Only reason why she is refunding back to me, because I caught her in her little scam, with valid proof. Although all the proof is on the internet with a simple search.

I have the rest that should be refunded back to me, as an attachment, I wish to email someone as I cannot post the attachment here. I will be going to my bank tomorrow to file a dispute, which can take longer, sadly. I had a dumb moment, wish I had been smarter lol. I am glad I caught this scammer and reporting her, others haven’t. Reported her because she gives a threat to them.

I can give you the list of these sites if you like, just will take me a couple of days to research it and write it down for you.

Please look into this further, and you will find that she is a scammer. No site selling ‘spells’ is legit.

As this is 'waited on' to be shut down, a person is getting scammed daily. Who knows how many people are being scammed per day... but one person is one person too many.

I do want the rest refunded back into my account as well as any other person who has been scammed by her that you can see on her end.

For this "Ashra" person, associated with her PayPal is:

Ashra Spells
The sender of this payment is Non-US - Verified
http://www.ashraspells.com/
ashra.spells@gmx.com
323-405-3740

Sep 19, 2018
The point is, this is a scam site, they have been doing it for years . selling 'spells' is a scam because nothing is happening. it is money and a piece of paper of lies "oh it has been cast!", and this isn't chump change i.e. $5 bucks. I am talking $100+ dollars per spell.

Sep 19, 2018
"No site selling ‘spells’ is legit. "

You are correct but you voluntarily sent your money. Why do you expect a refund?
true. I was, like many others, at a low point, in a way, believed in it... like when you think that new diet trend that celebs are doing works and you try it, pay money, hoping to see fast results like celebs do, and you don't... because you then realize that the celebs get personal trainers, that you cannot afford. It is kind of like that why people feed into the stupid scam.

Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
The point is, this is a scam site, they have been doing it for years . selling 'spells' is a scam because nothing is happening. it is money and a piece of paper of lies "oh it has been cast!", and this isn't chump change i.e. $5 bucks. I am talking $100+ dollars per spell.
But it appears you were aware of this when you voluntarily gave them your money. Are you saying you were deceived before you gave them money?
You now have buyers remorse but that does not entitle you to a refund unless you can prove that they misrepresented themselves before you gave them money.

Sep 19, 2018
But it appears you were aware of this when you voluntarily gave them your money. Are you saying you were deceived before you gave them money?
You now have buyers remorse but that does not entitle you to a refund unless you can prove that they misrepresented themselves before you gave them money.
I wasn't aware of it at the time. Most people are not, when you are at your low point. It happens, sadly. Yes they did misrepresent themselves, selling fake things just to get money... like I said it is a good business, but it is scam. My issue is why does PayPal allow scam sites have PayPal accounts? That is what I am asking. not about the refund.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
If it’s a scam, why did you pay?This is why these people are in business- because people buy.

If you had paid by a credit card you’d still be out your money. You need to take responsibility for your actions.

We have company contacts for PayPal. I would urge you to use them and write to the Executives.

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/paypal/

Oct 13, 2015
You were feeling down. I get it. I've been known to fall face first onto pumpkin cheesecake when I get down. And as a prediabetic I know it's not good for me. It sounds like you knew it was a scam but you did it anyway in a moment of weakness. No shame in that but take responsibility for it.

Feb 16, 2018
Looking closer at the site and its FAQ section I find the following:

"Spells are the best known secret of the successful people. All spells listed are the most effective in the world and 100% guarantee energy. You shouldn't accept less, if you plan on paying for spells."

If the site is looked at from the view of someone who believes in it, and reads the gaurantee, what is the energy promised, how can you prove that you did not get what you were promised? There are many of these type of things on the internet, some people believe certain rocks hold mystical powers and pay for them. If I tell you that I will think good thoughts for you to get a raise for 5 days, and you pay me money, haven't I fulfilled the contract, even if you failed to get a raise?

Sep 19, 2018
okay enough of being mean.. that is what i feel. I was told to come to this site for help, when clearly you are mostly mocking me. We all have low moments and do dumb things. Point is, this person is running a site, PayPal won't take her down because they can't find evidence of fraud, when it is all over the internet. I have since , I made this post, reported to the FBI as well as PayPal from contact. this person has been scamming since 2001. I am speaking for everyone when I see a site that scams people, if you use or not, it should be reported. If you are not going to be helpful and mock me, then please don't respond.

Sep 19, 2015
okay enough of being mean.. that is what i feel. I was told to come to this site for help, when clearly you are mostly mocking me. We all have low moments and do dumb things. Point is, this person is running a site, PayPal won't take her down because they can't find evidence of fraud, when it is all over the internet. I have since , I made this post, reported to the FBI as well as PayPal from contact. this person has been scamming since 2001. I am speaking for everyone when I see a site that scams people, if you use or not, it should be reported. If you are not going to be helpful and mock me, then please don't respond.
Do you know where the scammer lives?

Do you know if she has any criminal convictions?

Con artists often get away with the con by taking skirting the law. Sometimes it takes a volume of complaints to get any action. Is there anything that you can specifically point to like a guarantee or terms of service that were not honored— something technical that you can point to?

Have you thought about getting other victims of her to also complain?