Who we serve

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

Christopher Elliott

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Aug 22, 2007
Orlando
www.chriselliotts.com
I know this may be obvious, but I think it's worth articulating. Lately, some of our staffers and longtime commenters have debated a seemingly simple question: Why are we here?

Is this forum here to "educate" consumers by telling them how a particular industry works? Are we somehow trying to make people smarter by lecturing them to "always read the fine print" or "use a travel agent"?

Then again, maybe this is a platform for giving the real experts a chance to show how smart they are.

Actually, it's none of the above.

We are here for one reason and one reason alone: to help you.

When you see a "staff" designation, you should expect that person to assist. Not to judge, not to throw the book in your face and tell you to read the rules, not to talk down to you about how an industry works.

We are here to offer you, the consumer, prompt and courteously help. Period. We may offer some insights into how the business works, but only in the context of assisting, and only so that you can avoid a problem in the future.

We give people the "advocate" designation because they want to help others, and for no other reason.

If you feel one of our advocates is not meeting that simple standard, please flag the post or let me know. Thank you.