where are my never expired onepass miles

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 15, 2018
I would like United to reinstate my expired Continental One Pass miles of 142,472. I was not aware of the details of the Continental Airline and United Airlines merger. I did not recall that I was notified the change from being a One Pass member to a MileagePlus member. As a result, the never expired miles in my One Pass program expired in the Mileage Plus account. Although I haven't flown since 2010, should I have known about the conversion, I would have participatied in other qualified activities in the MileagePlus program to keep my account active. I wrote 2 letters to United but they declined the reinstatement.

Jul 27, 2016
Yowch. If you haven't flown in eight years, there's not a lot of incentive for United to waive their policy. When United and Continental merged, Continental Onepass accounts were merged into Mileage Plus, where miles expire after 18 months of no activity Were you not receiving regular account emails?

Reactions: jsn55 and VoR61
Sep 19, 2015
Consumer12, I am sorry but Continental has ceased to exist since 2012, when the last flight was taken. So their program ceased to exist, along with the no expire miles. I was a member of the onepass miles -- and because I keep all important emails about travel, I searched my emails and found this from OnePass dated June 29, 2011:

You will be automatically enrolled in the Mileage Plus program. You don't need to do anything. Rest assured that all of your reward miles, elite qualifying miles and elite qualifying segments in OnePass and Mileage Plus will be secure as we transition to a single program in the first quarter of 2012. In 2012, your flights on Continental and United will earn reward miles, elite qualifying miles and elite qualifying segments in Mileage Plus. You will receive your 2012 elite status based on your OnePass (and any Mileage Plus) elite qualifying miles and elite qualifying segments in 2011. The OnePass program will formally end on Dec. 31, 2011, followed by a wind-down period during the first quarter of 2012. During the wind-down period, your OnePass reward miles will remain available for redemption. Following the wind-down period, we will replace your OnePass reward miles with an equivalent grant of Mileage Plus reward miles. We will also replace your OnePass elite qualifying miles and elite qualifying segments with an equivalent grant of Mileage Plus elite qualifying miles and elite qualifying segments. We will update you further on specific transition plans in the coming months.

I am sorry but it simply has been too long;

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
This has got to be disappointing. After all these years, United doesn't have much incentive to reinstate your OnePass miles. But they may allow you to buy them back ... I've heard of this before. If you haven't flown since Continental disappeared, you're in for a huge culture shock! It's been, what? seven years, and I still get sad on the way to the airport that "my Continental" no longer exists.

Reactions: VoR61

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Christina is GOOD! They always send something when they are merging programs - who would ever figure one of our regulars who still have an email from 2011!

Unfortunately, there is nothing else you can do for something that occured seven years ago. Flight rewards are for frequent flyers- if you haven’t flown in 7 years, you aren’t a frequent flyer.

Almost every FF plan for every airline keeps changing and reducing services. Their terms all say they have a right thing change their programs and all have in one way or another since you last flew even if you had flown on another airline. Most now expire with 18 months to
two years of no activity.