wheelchair accessible traveladviser listings

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Dec 7, 2018
When I put in a filter for wheelchair accessible properties I get a long list of homes that aren't at all accessible. I can't email a message to the property owners and my email to Traveladviser came back with a no-reply reply that my mail wasn't read because the thread was closed.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
When I put in a filter for wheelchair accessible properties I get a long list of homes that aren't at all accessible. I can't email a message to the property owners and my email to Traveladviser came back with a no-reply reply that my mail wasn't read because the thread was closed.
You need to provide more information about "Traveladviser ". Where did you find this site?

AMA

Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
I would find a bricks-and-mortar travel agent who has experience in planning for travelers with disabilities and not try to find this information yourself through a third-party booking engine.

Dec 7, 2018
I would find a bricks-and-mortar travel agent who has experience in planning for travelers with disabilities and not try to find this information yourself through a third-party booking engine.
You are probably right about not using an online agent. Problem is with vacation rentals of homes agents don't have any more information than is listed on the website whether it is VRBO or Tripadvisor or other. But I will give it a try. Thanks.

Carrie Livingston

Staff Member
Advocate
Jan 6, 2015
St Louis
Are you looking for vacation rentals that are accessible? I think you might have to go to an agent that specializes in accessible travel for this sort of thing. That agent (or advisor) may not be a brick and mortar but could assist you in this. Neil probably knows more about this than I do but I believe there have got to be agencies that specialize in this.

Dec 7, 2018
Are you looking for vacation rentals that are accessible? I think you might have to go to an agent that specializes in accessible travel for this sort of thing. That agent (or advisor) may not be a brick and mortar but could assist you in this. Neil probably knows more about this than I do but I believe there have got to be agencies that specialize in this.
I haven't had much luck with that. Most just want to book you onto a cruise. So far, only hotels are a sure thing (most of the time).

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Travel Agents don’t book Airbnb’s. No quality control and they can’t help a client if there is a problem. They won’t take a risk on something going wrong.

If you wanted traditional lodgings, there are travel agents that specialize in this. You can find one on Travelsense dot org through ASTA.