Wells Fargo left us homeless

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Sep 13, 2019
Wells Fargo mortgage services has left my family homeless after foreclosing on our home of 25 years. We have dealt with several issues since 2011 of poor communication,unreliable information,unprofessional representation etc..We lost everything but a few trash bags of clothing we left the property with as the sheriff gave us 10 minutes to retrieve belongings. WF vendors moved our belongings to a storage unit where several belongings were missing/broken .We have no access to the unit not being able to pay the monthly payment. Auction is set for Oct for the unit. We’re devastated and have reached out for legal help but have been unsuccessful being told “We wouldn’t have enough money to fight a big company “ very disturbing that money is the “hero”that we don’t have but hopefully someone with compassion and a big heart will help us get on the right path to overcome such overwhelming circumstances

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I’m truly sorry this happened and you are in this situation but foreclosures are not done for no reason and take a long time to be processed to the point of actually evicting you. I’m not sure what you expected if the mortgage was fa enough in arrears to get to this point.

Are you disputing that you were not in arrears? If so we have company contacts you might be able to use.

Have to contacted Social Services in your area for assistance? They should have assistance you might be eligible for.

Sep 13, 2019
I’m truly sorry this happened and you are in this situation but foreclosures are not done for no reason and take a long time to be processed to the point of actually evicting you. I’m not sure what you expected if the mortgage was fa enough in arrears to get to this point.

Are you disputing that you were not in arrears? If so we have company contacts you might be able to use.

Have to contacted Social Services in your area for assistance? They should have assistance you might be eligible for.
Thank you for the reply
WF denied us a modification that we were eligible for and didn’t run our escrow account for 4 years and increased our payment significantly with a 30 day notice...Myself and husband are both disabled on a fixed income
making it impossible to afford without a modification being denied.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
There are many law firms with departments specifically for Wells Fargo mortgage issues. Have you reached out to any of those?
Are you claiming that your mortgage was improperly serviced by Wells Fargo, improperly foreclosed upon, or some other malfeasance on their part?

Jun 24, 2019
A Google search reveals numerous articles about Wells Fargo mortgage issues, including a large settlement for wrongful foreclosures.

Our OP, Innrock, should contact his local bar association, which probably runs a lawyer referral service, to find a lawyer expert in dealing with bank foreclosure issue from the borrower's point of view. Innrock needs professional assistance to figure out if they have a claim, and, if so, how to pursue it.

Feb 3, 2017
Yes, to contacting the local bar association - as well as local legal aid service and social services to see if they have local resources to which to refer you if they are unable to provide direct assistance.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Please please please contact an attorney. If this is in fact the case you must have an attorney to guide you to ensure you have been treated fairly. As Chris says- it’s beyond what we can do because we don’t handle legal issues.

There have been several good recommendations of organizations to contact. Without knowing exactly where you live we can only offer general information.

Sep 13, 2019
There are many law firms with departments specifically for Wells Fargo mortgage issues. Have you reached out to any of those?
Are you claiming that your mortgage was improperly serviced by Wells Fargo, improperly foreclosed upon, or some other malfeasance on their part?
Thank for for your reply I have reached out to law firms..several never responded, one informed me I wouldn’t have enough funds to get a resolution with WF...which I agree as WF has done nothing to “make us whole again” as stated but told me to “go to court and get a subpoena” WF didn’t run our escrow account for 4 years, denied us a modification for 3 years that we were eligible, etc...its mentally draining!
My hope is for some special person to step up and help us “be whole again”

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I'm sorry for your plight. What do you mean that WF "didn't run" your escrow account? How long has the home been in foreclosure? Do you have any proof or specifics about Wells' malfeasance? No special person will step up and help you be whole again. You need expert help to find a place to live. Please don't delay in contacting the social welfare people in your area. Leave no stone unturned, contact every agency, church and charity that you can find. You can't afford to wait for an outsider to step up to help you.

Sep 13, 2019
I'm sorry for your plight. What do you mean that WF "didn't run" your escrow account? How long has the home been in foreclosure? Do you have any proof or specifics about Wells' malfeasance? No special person will step up and help you be whole again. You need expert help to find a place to live. Please don't delay in contacting the social welfare people in your area. Leave no stone unturned, contact every agency, church and charity that you can find. You can't afford to wait for an outsider to step up to help you.

Thank you for your reply Because we opted in for our monthly mortgage payment to include taxes and insurance..the mortgage servicer annually checks for any increase/decrease to adjust payment accordingly. Over the 4 yrs WF didn't service the escrow account which unfortunately had increases in taxes/insurance expected a mortgage payment with a significant increase with no explanation of why the payment was increased. After 8 months of contacting WF consistently a representative came to the conclusion that "escrow wasn't annually serviced" Home went into foreclosure May 2018 -foreclosed February 2019 . I documented all inquires with WF . Phone conversations would be the proof of exactly what happened... unfortunately WF only has that information and on numerous occasions refused to speak with anyone representing my claims if they were recording the conversation. All WF conversation are recorded with customers. " Special person" referring to anyone that I would be so grateful for useful information to lead my family in the right direction as "the Experts" have failed us terribly..I spend almost every waking moment making calls , researching and physically going to organizations. When you repeatly call "24 Homeless hotline" and leave messages with no response can be very frustrating. I have also repeatly over many months contacted -Center for Family services,Community service 24 hr hotline,Catholic charities,Salvation Army,St Vincent DePaul,Homeless referral,
211 hotline,Camden county social services,United Way,Steiniger center of camden county,Board of social services etc..
I have also before eviction filled out applications for housing with a standard wait time of 2-3 yrs before a family is offered housing. NJ has the highest rate of foreclosures in the country affecting many families. Also checked shelters for my daughter,son and myself as my husband bailed after 42 yrs. Shelters were in dangerous areas and were temporary ...some only being able to offer a nights stay. Im very grateful for the offer but i feel it would be more harmful than helpful for my son and daughter who became unstable with losing all belongings with the exception of a trash bag of clothes. We have been very fortunate to have 3 special families in our lives welcome us into their homes.
I have never depended on anyone throughout my life...never in a million years think I would ever be where im at in my
life now...it can happen to anyone. WF needs to take responsibility for the ongoing misleading information they continued to tell me up until the day before the sheriff gave us 10 minutes to gather what we need.I immediately went to the court house for a possible"stay" for the second time being denied. WF vendors "MBD"moving and storage were to move entire house contents instructed by the sheriff that morning. I left with the shirt and pants i was wearing an old laptop and 1 sneaker that my daughter needed..thinking i would have access to the other sneaker eventually. After that morning we never again had access to 25 years of belongings because all items were thrown/damaged in the storage unit.. the move of belongings was never completed as WF sold the property with our belongings inside..I could go on forever...Never putting my personal life out there to anyone but hope this might somehow help someone else to stay strong and never give up! I won't give up and will continue to hold WF liable for their wrong doing on many levels..too many to include in this forum..lastly I did contact Senator Robert Menendez office whom were very helpful and sympathetic to our situation..They did have contact with WF on my behalf for a short while as WF stopped taking calls from the Senators office and informed me they could continue to contact but couldn't do anything that would need a court ruling.. What it comes down to is...Big company..having several ongoing issues in the media...average person trying to get justice on their own... unfortunately no chance..Life will be good once again!

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Thank you for your reply Because we opted in for our monthly mortgage payment to include taxes and insurance..the mortgage servicer annually checks for any increase/decrease to adjust payment accordingly. Over the 4 yrs WF didn't service the escrow account which unfortunately had increases in taxes/insurance expected a mortgage payment with a significant increase with no explanation of why the payment was increased. After 8 months of contacting WF consistently a representative came to the conclusion that "escrow wasn't annually serviced" Home went into foreclosure May 2018 -foreclosed February 2019 . I documented all inquires with WF . Phone conversations would be the proof of exactly what happened... unfortunately WF only has that information and on numerous occasions refused to speak with anyone representing my claims if they were recording the conversation. All WF conversation are recorded with customers. " Special person" referring to anyone that I would be so grateful for useful information to lead my family in the right direction as "the Experts" have failed us terribly..I spend almost every waking moment making calls , researching and physically going to organizations. When you repeatly call "24 Homeless hotline" and leave messages with no response can be very frustrating. I have also repeatly over many months contacted -Center for Family services,Community service 24 hr hotline,Catholic charities,Salvation Army,St Vincent DePaul,Homeless referral,
211 hotline,Camden county social services,United Way,Steiniger center of camden county,Board of social services etc..
I have also before eviction filled out applications for housing with a standard wait time of 2-3 yrs before a family is offered housing. NJ has the highest rate of foreclosures in the country affecting many families. Also checked shelters for my daughter,son and myself as my husband bailed after 42 yrs. Shelters were in dangerous areas and were temporary ...some only being able to offer a nights stay. Im very grateful for the offer but i feel it would be more harmful than helpful for my son and daughter who became unstable with losing all belongings with the exception of a trash bag of clothes. We have been very fortunate to have 3 special families in our lives welcome us into their homes.
I have never depended on anyone throughout my life...never in a million years think I would ever be where im at in my
life now...it can happen to anyone. WF needs to take responsibility for the ongoing misleading information they continued to tell me up until the day before the sheriff gave us 10 minutes to gather what we need.I immediately went to the court house for a possible"stay" for the second time being denied. WF vendors "MBD"moving and storage were to move entire house contents instructed by the sheriff that morning. I left with the shirt and pants i was wearing an old laptop and 1 sneaker that my daughter needed..thinking i would have access to the other sneaker eventually. After that morning we never again had access to 25 years of belongings because all items were thrown/damaged in the storage unit.. the move of belongings was never completed as WF sold the property with our belongings inside..I could go on forever...Never putting my personal life out there to anyone but hope this might somehow help someone else to stay strong and never give up! I won't give up and will continue to hold WF liable for their wrong doing on many levels..too many to include in this forum..lastly I did contact Senator Robert Menendez office whom were very helpful and sympathetic to our situation..They did have contact with WF on my behalf for a short while as WF stopped taking calls from the Senators office and informed me they could continue to contact but couldn't do anything that would need a court ruling.. What it comes down to is...Big company..having several ongoing issues in the media...average person trying to get justice on their own... unfortunately no chance..Life will be good once again!
Your narratives are so convoluted that I just can't get through them. But here's my take on the escrow problem: Your loan had an escrow. WF did not adjust the amount of your payment based on current information. After four years, they increased your payment significantly with no explanation. I gather you didn't make the payments and tried to contact WF for 8 months. Apparently they told you that they made an error and that was the reason for the increase. I fail to see how WF's error absolved you from making your mortgage payments.

My conclusion makes little sense, so I agree with my colleagues, you need an attorney or an advocate to take care of this for you. Your communications need to clearly describe the situation so someone can help you directly. I'm sorry we don't have better news.

Sep 13, 2019
Your narratives are so convoluted that I just can't get through them. But here's my take on the escrow problem: Your loan had an escrow. WF did not adjust the amount of your payment based on current information. After four years, they increased your payment significantly with no explanation. I gather you didn't make the payments and tried to contact WF for 8 months. Apparently they told you that they made an error and that was the reason for the increase. I fail to see how WF's error absolved you from making your mortgage payments.

My conclusion makes little sense, so I agree with my colleagues, you need an attorney or an advocate to take care of this for you. Your communications need to clearly describe the situation so someone can help you directly. I'm sorry we don't have better news.
With a 200 increase with 30 day notice when you're on a fixed income doesn't come easy. WF offered to modify the loan because it was their mistake but in the end denied us. We saved our prior monthly payments throughout this entire mess! And payments wouldn't be accepted! It's no secret that WF has been fined and in the media for several issues of wrong doing!Making a commercial "Earning back your trust". About being "so convoluted " obviously i made an error in thinking this forum might be helpful...not critical... Have a great week!

Aug 29, 2018
With a 200 increase with 30 day notice when you're on a fixed income doesn't come easy. WF offered to modify the loan because it was their mistake but in the end denied us. We saved our prior monthly payments throughout this entire mess! And payments wouldn't be accepted!
The mortgage holder made the decision not to accept a partial payment, and treat the entire loan as in default. This is unfortunate, and currently legal. (We can debate whether or not it should be legal, but that's not a topic for this thread.) .