Well Done, Serta

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

Carol Phillips

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 28, 2014
Coastal South Carolina
We bought a quite-expensive top of the line Serta mattress from a local furniture store on Jan 28 and it was delivered Feb 4.

The morning of Jan 28 I saw the Serta website saying "Buy a Mattress, Get Dining Dollars" (I think a restaurant.com certificate for a hefty amount). I called Serta to make sure traditional store purchases were included in the deal, and the rep said YES and gave me instructions on how to apply ... AFTER we'd registered the new mattress. She told me to be sure I'd signed up for the Serta Insider Program (which I immediately did).

So off we went to purchase the mattress.

On Feb 4 (when it was delivered) I registered the mattress and submitted for the Dining Dollars.

Serta declined, saying I had not signed up for their Insider Program at least one calendar day prior to buying the mattress. Yep, that's buried in the fine print. Yet the rep I'd spoken to had said nothing about this requirement.

Believing that Serta did the promotion in order to make sales (and it WORKED!) I emailed Serta twice, asking for reconsideration, and heard nothing.

Today I used the Elliott Company Contacts above and within 45 minutes had an email from Serta Direct Support Team, saying they're happy to issue the Dining Dollars to my account.

Thanks, @Christopher Elliott and Serta Direct Support Team. Serta did the right thing since I knew how to contact the right person.

As an aside, the new mattress is the most comfortable I've ever had :)

Jan 11, 2017
Have you ever used restaurant.com? Please, be careful. Before redeeming, call the restaurant - in many cases ther restaurants do not accept those gift cards, or seriously limit how can you use it. (Just google restaurant.com+ complaints)

Bon Appetite!

Carol Phillips

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 28, 2014
Coastal South Carolina
Th
Have you ever used restaurant.com? Please, be careful. Before redeeming, call the restaurant - in many cases ther restaurants do not accept those gift cards, or seriously limit how can you use it. (Just google restaurant.com+ complaints)

Bon Appetite!
Thanks for the heads up. I'll see what type of voucher it is and be sure to do my homework :)[/QUOTE]

Aug 28, 2015
New York
Good work! When I purchased a new mattress last year I ended up with the wrong box spring and a credit card dispute over $200. Meanwhile, I don't find my mattress especially comfortable. Raymour and Flanigan, you were ridiculous.

Carol Phillips

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 28, 2014
Coastal South Carolina
One great thing about Serta (at least the models we looked at) is a 120-day Comfort Guarantee. Sleep on it for up to 120 nights and if you don't like it, swap it out for another Serta. That made a difference to us.

And one terrific addendum to my original post:

After I thanked Serta for their stellar customer service, they were grateful and are shipping me a stuffed Serta Sheep !!!! Not sure of the size (and don't really care) but I've wanted one for years. I'm now listening for the "baaaaaa" in the mailbox :)

You guys are killing me! I couldn't tell what the new avatar was, so glad to have it identified. cp, I've never met anyone who always wanted a stuffed sheep ...
JSN, ewe must be kidding! (Sorry, baaaaad pun) I was at a consignment shop a few months ago and found a 12" Serta Sheep, number 56, for a dollar and couldn't pass it up. Sits on my desk most days, unless I have someone coming in. It doesn't need shots, flea collars or food and hasn't chased a car in months.