Well Done, DirecTV!

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

Carol Phillips

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 28, 2014
Coastal South Carolina
I'm not a timid person and will call a company to see if there are applicable discounts for my account. I do that periodically with DirecTV (we've subscribed for over ten years) and usually have some success.

Today, however, was exceptional. We'd lost $22/month in discounts over the past three months so I phoned to see if they could be reinstated.

The rep, after going over our programming and asking usage questions, came back with a Customer Loyalty discount of $50/month for the next 12 months. Yes, FIFTY dollars per month.

Caveats: we had to agree to a one year service term (no biggie), and we currently subscribe to a high level of service so our bill wasn't cheap. But $50/month is spectacular !!

Point of the Story: If you're a good customer of DirecTV, call them and see if they can offer some discounts on your service. You might be pleasantly surprised!

Aug 28, 2015
New York
I'm not a timid person and will call a company to see if there are applicable discounts for my account. I do that periodically with DirecTV (we've subscribed for over ten years) and usually have some success.

Today, however, was exceptional. We'd lost $22/month in discounts over the past three months so I phoned to see if they could be reinstated.

The rep, after going over our programming and asking usage questions, came back with a Customer Loyalty discount of $50/month for the next 12 months. Yes, FIFTY dollars per month.

Caveats: we had to agree to a one year service term (no biggie), and we currently subscribe to a high level of service so our bill wasn't cheap. But $50/month is spectacular !!

Point of the Story: If you're a good customer of DirecTV, call them and see if they can offer some discounts on your service. You might be pleasantly surprised!
That is great! I love when that happens.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
You make me feel guilty that I just continue to pay outrageous amounts to ATT, Dish, and God knows who else. Maybe I can get Dan to call them!

May 17, 2016
I've had success having my bill lowered with Comcast (believe it or not) by visiting the local office and speaking with a live person there. Of course, I monitor my bill closely to make sure the thieves in the billing department don't hike it again. It happens.