Well Done, Amazon

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

Carol Phillips

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 28, 2014
Coastal South Carolina
An item I ordered from Amazon was due to arrive Feb 22. Delivery was then extended to Feb 24. On Feb 25 (yesterday) it hadn't arrived and I contacted Amazon via live chat.

The conversation was VERY brief and basically included my request for the item to be re-shipped, identifying myself by name and order #, a few moments for the Amazon chat rep to review the situation, and a reply from her saying "I have reshipped your item at no charge to you. Is there anything else I may do for you?".

The replacement is due to arrive TOMORROW. Wow.

That's exceptional customer service and I wanted to give a shout-out to Amazon. (Now, if the item doesn't arrive tomorrow as promised, I'll be back ... lol ...)

Jan 8, 2015
In this case they did a good job.

My experiences with their CS has been getting less and less helpful though. I have Prime and yet with more and more items they now claim that the item will not ship for X number of days but when it does I'll get two day. Uh no I pay extra to get it shipped to me right away. Contacting their CS gets you a typical boiler plate response. Other issues and or questions I have contacted them with have also met with similar fates, with their CS not being able to help in any way.

Carol Phillips

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 28, 2014
Coastal South Carolina
In this case they did a good job.

My experiences with their CS has been getting less and less helpful though. I have Prime and yet with more and more items they now claim that the item will not ship for X number of days but when it does I'll get two day. Uh no I pay extra to get it shipped to me right away. Contacting their CS gets you a typical boiler plate response. Other issues and or questions I have contacted them with have also met with similar fates, with their CS not being able to help in any way.

I'm Prime, too. I'd also be disappointed if they gave me the "it won't ship quite yet" answer.

One thing I've found to be true with Amazon as well as other companies (I read this somewhere): Their Live Chat reps are more senior and have more authority than phone or email reps. I've had good responses whenever I use Chat. Let's hope I didn't just jinx it ... lol.