Washing machines

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 8, 2019
I'm in search of a reliable washing machine, from a company that will stand by their warranty & not give us the run around if the machine needs parts or service. Any suggestions appreciated? Also, are review sources like Consumer Reports unbiased? Are there any review sites that you'd recommend? Thanks.

Jan 22, 2015
Colorado
I had good luck going to a local appliance store in my area. They sold great machines with warranties. They were also able to answer questions that I had about the machines.

I have since had to buy other new appliances from them (old appliances) and have also had good luck with them. They came with manufactures warranties and they also offered extended ones as well.

I used Google to review the store that I went with. The search that I did on google was reviews on XYZ company. Saw they had good reviews and when people had problems they stood behind them

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
We can’t make recommendations here. I would suggest going to Consumer Reports. What you can do is read the problems people are having with certain manufacturers that have posted here and avoid them. I would stay away from Kenmore.

You will get 50 recommendations from 50 people. Consumer Reports does testing and can usually steer you right.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
I'm in search of a reliable washing machine, from a company that will stand by their warranty & not give us the run around if the machine needs parts or service. Any suggestions appreciated? Also, are review sources like Consumer Reports unbiased? Are there any review sites that you'd recommend? Thanks.
Whatever you buy, DO NOT buy anything from Sears/Kenmore.

Otherwise, depend upon a local appliance store or use Consumer Reports.
Any individual item you buy may be great or not. It is the luck of the draw. Some people will get 3-5 years from an appliance; an identical one may last 10-15 yrs. There is really no way to predict for any single appliance.