Walmart money card

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 17, 2019
I had got a walmart money card back in December. Everything was working just great then the worst experience of my 50 years of life. There big claim to fame is get your taxes quicker have it sent to the money card. Well I did. Right after my deposit they froze my account. They said they sent another card with my name on it. I did not receive it. Because I was unable to get my 700 dollars i got evicted. "Now homeless". They said send them a photo of my I'd and they would send another card. I did they charged me for a new card and all fees and I walked 5 miles everyday to check with the person who had moved in to see if it arrived. I did this for 16 business days. Then I called again because in this time I lost everything including my phone service. They didn't ship my card and did not tell me anything but of course charged me. Now they want a another photo of my I'd . I sent them a picture of 3 government and I state I'd. 3 weeks earlier. But now they want a full copy of a bill in my name with my I'd. That is impossible I'm homeless. They r telling me there is no way I can have transfer or withdrawal any of my money till I do. They r going to keep taking fees out till it's all gone. They have completely ruined my life in 50 years old and cannot believe they did this. My old card worked perfectly untill I made the huge deposit. Then cut off as soon as I did. The closest branch is in Utah I'm in Tennessee. Someone please help or I'm going to have to walk to utah. I just want MY MONEY!. I can transfer it out or I can be at walmart in an hour. This has caused so much damage and complete embarrassment. And there is nothing I can do.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
I had got a walmart money card back in December. Everything was working just great then the worst experience of my 50 years of life. There big claim to fame is get your taxes quicker have it sent to the money card. Well I did. Right after my deposit they froze my account. They said they sent another card with my name on it. I did not receive it. Because I was unable to get my 700 dollars i got evicted. "Now homeless". They said send them a photo of my I'd and they would send another card. I did they charged me for a new card and all fees and I walked 5 miles everyday to check with the person who had moved in to see if it arrived. I did this for 16 business days. Then I called again because in this time I lost everything including my phone service. They didn't ship my card and did not tell me anything but of course charged me. Now they want a another photo of my I'd . I sent them a picture of 3 government and I state I'd. 3 weeks earlier. But now they want a full copy of a bill in my name with my I'd. That is impossible I'm homeless. They r telling me there is no way I can have transfer or withdrawal any of my money till I do. They r going to keep taking fees out till it's all gone. They have completely ruined my life in 50 years old and cannot believe they did this. My old card worked perfectly untill I made the huge deposit. Then cut off as soon as I did. The closest branch is in Utah I'm in Tennessee. Someone please help or I'm going to have to walk to utah. I just want MY MONEY!. I can transfer it out or I can be at walmart in an hour. This has caused so much damage and complete embarrassment. And there is nothing I can do.
Call your local TV news channel. Publicity will get their attention.

Sep 19, 2015
Did you ever contact Green Dot Bank about the issue?

There is a lot of fraud with tax returns— people filing fake returns using the SS of others — and money going to a newly opened prepaid card versus a bank account is a trigger for a fraud alert.

There is a fraud alert associated with your prepaid card and this has caused your problem.

This is a complex problem and wish I had an easy solution.

Where do you live— is there a legal clinic that can help you?