Waiting for refund from Travelocity

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 24, 2021
Anyone have some more advice on this?
I filed a DOT complaint but have not received an answer yet.
I have sent two rounds of emails to travelocity execs and no response on those either?
Thank you

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Anyone have some more advice on this?
I filed a DOT complaint but have not received an answer yet.
I have sent two rounds of emails to travelocity execs and no response on those either?
Thank you

"The company, which is based in the United Kingdom, filed for Chapter 15 bankruptcy protection in New York on Tuesday (Aug 4), which shelters the US assets of foreign companies undergoing restructuring proceedings in their home country."

VA filed for bankruptcy. You are an unsecured creditor. There may be nothing you can do until this is settled.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco

"The company, which is based in the United Kingdom, filed for Chapter 15 bankruptcy protection in New York on Tuesday (Aug 4), which shelters the US assets of foreign companies undergoing restructuring proceedings in their home country."

VA filed for bankruptcy. You are an unsecured creditor. There may be nothing you can do until this is settled.
This news is months old. Turned out it was some kind of administrative move by the US. Virgin states they've refunded to Travelocity. This is one of the reasons we constantly advise to book hotels and air directly; online booking services see customer service as not very important. Just keep asking.

Apr 24, 2021
Use the following post on this forum and appeal in writing to the company executives ay\t Travelocity using our company contacts, this usually will get this resolved, and if not, will provide a paper trail needed to determine how we can assist further:

Travelocity would have to apply for a refund from the airline, but if the airline charged your credit card, the airline would process the funds back to your card. The funds would not go to Travelocity, but directly back to your credit card from the airline. Unfortunately, it appears some of the airlines are playing the "talk to your booking agent" game in an attempt to delay having to provide refunds.
I read your post and followed the instructions - sending emails to executives, waiting 5 business days for an answer, sending a follow up email, and then moving on to the next level. No response whatsoever - any suggestion what else I could do or can you help me with something?

Thank you

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I read your post and followed the instructions - sending emails to executives, waiting 5 business days for an answer, sending a follow up email, and then moving on to the next level. No response whatsoever - any suggestion what else I could do or can you help me with something?

Thank you
When did you start the writing process? We advise waiting a week in between emails. If you followed our process of writing one at a time leaving a week in between each executive email and you’ve received no answer, complete a new help request and state you followed our process and have not heard from anyone. If the advocates think you have a case they can advocate, they will ask for copies of all your correspondence

Dwayne Coward

Administrator
Staff Member
Forum Director
Apr 13, 2016
St. Louis

Thank you
As weihlac indicated above, the airline has filed bankruptcy in the UK and Chapter 15 in the US, it is likely you will not get any resolution to this until that is resolved. If VA charged your credit card, the refund would go directly back to your credit card from them, all the booking agent can do is make the request to the airline. This would fall under DOT regulations, but they are likely not going to take any enforcement action while the airline is under bankruptcy. Have you received a response from the DOT?

Reactions: Comicman and VoR61
Apr 24, 2021
As weihlac indicated above, the airline has filed bankruptcy in the UK and Chapter 15 in the US, it is likely you will not get any resolution to this until that is resolved. If VA charged your credit card, the refund would go directly back to your credit card from them, all the booking agent can do is make the request to the airline. This would fall under DOT regulations, but they are likely not going to take any enforcement action while the airline is under bankruptcy. Have you received a response from the DOT?
I did not receive a response from the DOT. I originally file a complaint with them against VA, who responded that they already sent the refund to Travelocity

Apr 24, 2021
When did you start the writing process? We advise waiting a week in between emails. If you followed our process of writing one at a time leaving a week in between each executive email and you’ve received no answer, complete a new help request and state you followed our process and have not heard from anyone. If the advocates think you have a case they can advocate, they will ask for copies of all your correspondence
Thank you I just completed a new help request - I hope you take my case!