Waiting for edreams refund since April 2020

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 25, 2021
Good day,
I´m looking for helpfull advice since I´ve been asking for a refund since April 8th, 2020 for cancelled flights bought through eDreams with Aerolineas Argentinas, the airline cancelled them because of COVID-19, we were suposed to fly in May 2020 across Argentina.

I have contacted eDreas many many times in the "help center" (with a lot of trouble since there are no telephone numbers or email adress) and their only answer is that the refund is on process and they are waiting for the airline to answer, since April. I don´t think this is true because we had another flights with Aerolineas Argentinas and in about a month we had our refunds.

Last time I checked our request date was changed from April to October-..???

Thank you for your help!

Attachments

• edreams request.jpeg
    edreams request.jpeg
    45.1 KB · Views: 5

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Unfortunately you aren’t the only one. Unless the airline refunds Edreams- they can’t refund you. How did you book the other flights you had refunded? Directly or through Edreams?

Did any of your flights take place in the US?

Reactions: Skippy and VoR61

Comicman

Jul 13, 2020
we had another flights with Aerolineas Argentinas and in about a month we had our refunds.
This is the big difference. In one case you used an online travel agent and the other you booked direct.
When you used eDreams you are no longer the airlines customer, eDreams is the airlines customer not you. The airlines have to deal with them.
It could be that they have in fact received your refund ( did you call the airlines to see if eDreams have been refunded?). It could be a case of robbing Peter to pay Paul. Your refund went to refund someone higher on their refund list and you have to wait till enough other peoples refunds come in so you get to the top of the list.
The problem with many of these "discount" travel web sites is that they do not have much in the way of customer service then add to that they make the real money with all their fees. So in the end the discount fare can easily cost you more then a direct booking with the airline.
So, when you do get your refund you will most likely not get 100% refunded. You will have to pay eDreams refund processing fee ( I believe that eDreams fee is 60.00 Euro per ticket processing fee). So you should expect a partial refund.
In addition if you canceled before the airlines canceled ( it does not matter if they canceled the flight if you canceled 1st) , you might only be owed a future travel credit even if the airlines refunded cash to eDreams.
Since you booked with eDreams you most likely lost any of your DOT rights, but you can always try filing with them. Most of these online travel companies are taking very long times to refund. Again it might be that they just have so little money and are balancing helping the customer with not going out of business ( if they go out of business you would lose all your money anyways).
Last thing have you tried making a claim with your travel insurance?