VRBO reservation refund

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jun 5, 2018
Have they asked you for copies of your correspondence?

Just because the client initiated a chargeback doesn’t mean they will win. I hope you win in this situation but I’d like to to file a help claim with us and to do that you need to create your own thread as well. This is something the writers might be able to look at.

If you took the money by following the VRBO process this person shouldn’t have done what she did. Frankly I’m tired of stories about people who enter into contracts and then use a ton of excuses when they think they can just break the contract and lie. We see it constantly here with the “I got sick and can’t travel but I didn’t want to spend money on insurance so get me a refund” story. I hope you will prevail in this case.

http://www.elliott.org/help/
Thank you! I will try to initiate my own thread with the purpose to "file a help claim" with you. I'm sick AND tired!

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Aime, you should know that credit card disputes are investigated for a certain amount of time. The bank (usually) jerks the payment from the vendor and gives the customer a temporary credit. This does NOT mean that they have decided "against you". It's just the usual procedure. It sounds to me like you have all kinds of proof of this person's chicanery ... remember that you're communicating with an entity that looks at circumstances with a cold fish eye. They believe neither one side or the other until there's proof. So just be methodical and think of presenting your side as strongly as possible ... through PROOF.

I could no more be a vacation rental owner than Santa Claus ... I admire people like you who can subject themselves to this kind of human behaviour. Just the thought of being cheated and seemingly helpless is more than the rest of us can bear. Deep breath and carry on!

Jun 5, 2018
Aime, you should know that credit card disputes are investigated for a certain amount of time. The bank (usually) jerks the payment from the vendor and gives the customer a temporary credit. This does NOT mean that they have decided "against you". It's just the usual procedure. It sounds to me like you have all kinds of proof of this person's chicanery ... remember that you're communicating with an entity that looks at circumstances with a cold fish eye. They believe neither one side or the other until there's proof. So just be methodical and think of presenting your side as strongly as possible ... through PROOF.

I could no more be a vacation rental owner than Santa Claus ... I admire people like you who can subject themselves to this kind of human behaviour. Just the thought of being cheated and seemingly helpless is more than the rest of us can bear. Deep breath and carry on!

Yep. Inhale. Exhale. Sometimes that's all you can do.