Vrbo Caught Lying And Penalizing Owner

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 12, 2019
I called to cancel this guest because he did not sign the contract. I spoke with Dan in customer service. I confirmed with Dan that I would not be penalized. I was not penalized until two hours later when Jillian in the customer resolution dept then sent me an email telling me I will be penalized and that she overturned the no penalty.

I then called to speak with Jillian and of course she is a ghost and can’t be reached by phone. I then called about seven times until I reached Dan. We actually reached him!! I was elated with joy for he also agreed that we shouldn’t of been penalized. He called this an internal error and escalated our case. He apologized profusely and put it in to be waived under his error. We recorded the whole thing.

However it still has not been waived. We have been loyal to this company for 10 years. My husband and I can’t recommend this company after this situation. We are very dismayed.

Why is it the owners fault if Vrbo does not train their agents correctly? Why is it the owners fault if we are told one thing, we then do it to the exact way of which we were told but then we are still penalized?

This isn’t our fault. We are seeking assistance of someone that cares. We also have it recorded that it was indeed VRBO’s internal error yet VRBO resolution team is blaming me and penalizing me for their admitted mistake. I’m sick of being made out to be a bad person. VRBO, it seems, enjoys finding reasons to penalize and charge fees to their owners. It’s disheartening.

Also a background- Vrbo called this guest on my behalf weeks earlier and he begged us not to cancel him stating he would indeed sign the contract. The vrbo rep that I spoke with at that time was the one who originally told me I HAD TO CALL VRBO to not be penalized and she agreed that I shouldn’t be penalized. A lot of help that did to listen to VRBO??

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
This is a business to business transaction which we don’t handle. From our FAQ-

Do you mediate business-to-business disputes?

No.

However we have company contacts for VRBO
on top of our page. Use them and write to the first executive on the list, give it a week and go to the next if necessary. Explain who you spoke to but list facts only, not things like “we suddenly reached him” or the “why should it be our fault”. Simply state the facts and that you expect the refund because this was the renters not completing the transaction.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I called to cancel this guest because he did not sign the contract. I spoke with Dan in customer service. I confirmed with Dan that I would not be penalized. I was not penalized until two hours later when Jillian in the customer resolution dept then sent me an email telling me I will be penalized and that she overturned the no penalty.

I then called to speak with Jillian and of course she is a ghost and can’t be reached by phone. I then called about seven times until I reached Dan. We actually reached him!! I was elated with joy for he also agreed that we shouldn’t of been penalized. He called this an internal error and escalated our case. He apologized profusely and put it in to be waived under his error. We recorded the whole thing.

However it still has not been waived. We have been loyal to this company for 10 years. My husband and I can’t recommend this company after this situation. We are very dismayed.

Why is it the owners fault if Vrbo does not train their agents correctly? Why is it the owners fault if we are told one thing, we then do it to the exact way of which we were told but then we are still penalized?

This isn’t our fault. We are seeking assistance of someone that cares. We also have it recorded that it was indeed VRBO’s internal error yet VRBO resolution team is blaming me and penalizing me for their admitted mistake. I’m sick of being made out to be a bad person. VRBO, it seems, enjoys finding reasons to penalize and charge fees to their owners. It’s disheartening.

Also a background- Vrbo called this guest on my behalf weeks earlier and he begged us not to cancel him stating he would indeed sign the contract. The vrbo rep that I spoke with at that time was the one who originally told me I HAD TO CALL VRBO to not be penalized and she agreed that I shouldn’t be penalized. A lot of help that did to listen to VRBO??
We might be able to give you some insight if we understood the facts. Please make a concise list of what happened, starting from the beginning. Just list the facts, no emotion or opinions.