Viking refund

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 21, 2021
In June of 2020 we had a cruise scheduled. it was cancelled due to Covid. I rescheduled it for May of 2021.That cruise has now been cancelled. Due to health issues ( not being able to walk long distances anymore do to back surgery years ago. it has been progressively getting worse .) I want to get a refund. This has been paid in full since January of 2020. I have paid $ 21052.00. Trip insurance cost was $ 1638.00 and is included in the first figure. They have only offered me a refund of $ 12,092.00. I think I'm entitled to more than that. original transaction date 2018-10-18.

VoR61

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
If you are now unable to travel (at all) you may, I think, be able to convince Viking to provide a refund. Be prepared to provide a doctor's diagnosis.

You can escalate this using the contacts provided in this link: Viking Cruise Line
be sure to start at the lowest level and that you give each contact one (1) week to respond before escalating to the next level
politely state only what they "need to know" in order to understand your experience and your request quickly (3-5 minutes)
offer to provide documentation at a later time as some technology systems will quarantine emails that contain attachments

Please take the time to update this thread as you progress toward a resolution. Your feedback is important to the forum advocates (volunteers)

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
In June of 2020 we had a cruise scheduled. it was cancelled due to Covid. I rescheduled it for May of 2021.That cruise has now been cancelled. Due to health issues ( not being able to walk long distances anymore do to back surgery years ago. it has been progressively getting worse .) I want to get a refund. This has been paid in full since January of 2020. I have paid $ 21052.00. Trip insurance cost was $ 1638.00 and is included in the first figure. They have only offered me a refund of $ 12,092.00. I think I'm entitled to more than that. original transaction date 2018-10-18.
I totally understand your situation, Wolfman. Too many of us are in your shoes. The fact that you won't be able to walk comfortably enough to enjoy the shore excursions and all the related aspects of travel make a refund possible. What was the offer of $12K based on? Did you purchase air through Viking? You'll not get a refund on the insurance, but it would be helpful to know how Viking arrived at their offer. In your position, if only 50% of my money could be refunded, I'd just rebook a cruise for the full amount to a place I want to see ... I'd enjoy the ship and some carefully arranged excursions. The air part is easy, there's always assistance available. Good luck and please let us know the outcome.