Vida Timeshare MX Unrelenting Push to Sign Contract

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Nov 14, 2019
On October 26, 2019 I signed a contract for lodging rights with Vida Vacations and the exchange companies Interval + SFX Resorts. It was renegotiated on October 31, 2019. I thought at the time I understood the details, but did not thoroughly review the contract paperwork until I returned from the vacation with my sister in Cancun, MX. Problem: the renegotiated paperwork has the original date which I overlooked. It was a long drawn out process with me alone meeting (for the most part) with gentlemen who came and went. One rep said he could not arrange my recission which was within five days. When I returned home it was beyond the dated time to rescind. Vida was aware of my Wyndham ownership and wanted to transfer that equity value ($29,900) as part of my contract to reduce the amount of my cost. The rep cancelled the trade with my insistence in an e-mail to Member Services at Vida dated Nov. 5, 2019. Now on the contract I have been charged $4,614 to my Interval credit card. I owe $6,786.00 due no later than December 25, 2019. What are my rights if I don’t pay? Will my good credit be spoiled? I called Vida, but the woman Roxanne did not know about my Wyndham when she viewed my account. I have tried to reach Marco Guisitiani (sp) who was one of the final sales team members. He was to call me on Nov. 8, but I have not received a response. Roxanne said she would request Marco to call me, but I have not heard. I want to get out of my arranged contract due to discrepancies and other matters not explained to me that appear in the contract well as being manipulated by the sales team.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Unfortunately at this point you will probably need an attorney. Once you pass the date of rescission- you are in a legal contract.

I’m sorry you didn’t find us and ask about buying a time share before you went to the presentation.

Jul 13, 2016
Unfortunately, the only thing that matters legally is the signed contract. The verbal promises and conversations mean nothing. It doesn't matter that one rep said he would take the Wyndham timeshare as equity--unless it was written into the contract? The sad fact you failed to carefully review the paperwork is going to cost you $11,400.

Nov 14, 2019
Unfortunately at this point you will probably need an attorney. Once you pass the date of rescission- you are in a legal contract.

I’m sorry you didn’t find us and ask about buying a time share before you went to the presentation.
Any suggestions on how to get a consultation with an attorney to determine my chances of fighting this. Or should I pay out the 11,300, use my benefits and then when my ten year contract ends sell it.

Nov 14, 2019
Cont. from Preboomer . . . I need to know wording for my will to protect my adult sons from inheriting my timeshare mistake and having the Travel Club seek them to pay taxes, fees and membership. Thanks.

Sep 19, 2015
Any suggestions on how to get a consultation with an attorney to determine my chances of fighting this. Or should I pay out the 11,300, use my benefits and then when my ten year contract ends sell it.
You need to contact an attorney about the contract,.

If you cannot get out of the contract you need to contact an astute trust and estate attorney so as to shield your sons from the time share. Someone can decline a specific inheritance -- ie a time share but the company can go after the Estate for money. You need to have an attorney look at how to shield your Estate from this company.

I wish I had better news.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Cont. from Preboomer . . . I need to know wording for my will to protect my adult sons from inheriting my timeshare mistake and having the Travel Club seek them to pay taxes, fees and membership. Thanks.
That’s a legal question and we can’t offer any legal opinions here. You’ll need to find an attorney to help.