Very Very Poor Customer Relations--GMC Motors--Car Held Up in Collision Center Due to Strikes!

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Dec 10, 2019
My car has been at the Hennessy Collision Center in Morrow, GA for almost 2 months. There was a parts strike that I was not aware of and once I learned of this strike I was told by my insurance company that my cap for rental coverage from them will stop on 12-8-2019. I reached out to the dealership to see if they could put me in a loaner and they stated they are not liable for placing me in a loaner and they tried to put it back on me and my insurance carrier. The insurance carrier is stating that GMC should step up and at the very least help to assist with my rental payments since the collision center can't not give me a release date for my vehicle.

I have been severely impacted financially by all of this to the point where I could not pay my rent because the car rental agency has a hold on my debit card and are taking out payments. I need help!!! I need someone to put me in a loaner or to help with my rental payments. The strike was not my fault and I should not have to be held financially responsible for rental payments that I cannot afford!!!

The General Manager (Ricky Williams) at Hennessy was very very rude and was no help whatsoever. I need some type of assistance. My next step is to reach out to a VP of GMC. Someone should be able to assist before this leads to a class action suit!!!

What's your desired resolution? My desired resolution is to be placed in a loaner vehicle, assistance with my car rental payments or my car released ASAP!!!

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
This is a somewhat tricky scenario as your car is at an independent repair center, but is impacted by a strike at the auto manufacturer. And your insurance carrier suggests that GMC should "step up".

You can appeal this to GM in writing. When you do, I strongly recommend that you eliminate statements like:

The General Manager at Hennessy was very, very rude
Someone should be able to assist before this leads to a class action suit
These will not help your case and may actually harm it. Present just the facts in a manner similar to this:

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance. I have a GMC vehicle that has now been at the Hennessy Collision Center in in Morrow, GA for almost 2 months due to a GM parts strike. My insurance coverage for a rental car has now expired. The carrier suggests that I ask GM if they could provide a rental short-term until the needed parts arrive. The current rental car I have is causing a significant financial hardship as my income is limited.

Can you assist me by arranging for a short-term rental from a local dealer?
If you have not done so already, you can escalate this in writing.

Some do's and don'ts when writing
Do not use inflammatory language - be polite and professional
Do not attach files - their email system may discard your email before anyone reads it
Do not start with the CEO - begin at the lowest level in the company contacts shown here: https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/general-motors/
Present a brief summary (list) and give each contact one (1) week to respond before escalating to the next level

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
You need to give them a credit card and not your debit card. Do you have friends if family with a spare car you can borrow?

Jun 12, 2019
My car has been at the Hennessy Collision Center in Morrow, GA for almost 2 months. There was a parts strike that I was not aware of and once I learned of this strike I was told by my insurance company that my cap for rental coverage from them will stop on 12-8-2019. I reached out to the dealership to see if they could put me in a loaner and they stated they are not liable for placing me in a loaner and they tried to put it back on me and my insurance carrier. The insurance carrier is stating that GMC should step up and at the very least help to assist with my rental payments since the collision center can't not give me a release date for my vehicle.

I have been severely impacted financially by all of this to the point where I could not pay my rent because the car rental agency has a hold on my debit card and are taking out payments. I need help!!! I need someone to put me in a loaner or to help with my rental payments. The strike was not my fault and I should not have to be held financially responsible for rental payments that I cannot afford!!!

The General Manager (Ricky Williams) at Hennessy was very very rude and was no help whatsoever. I need some type of assistance. My next step is to reach out to a VP of GMC. Someone should be able to assist before this leads to a class action suit!!!

What's your desired resolution? My desired resolution is to be placed in a loaner vehicle, assistance with my car rental payments or my car released ASAP!!!
What part is on hold? Most collision repair shops don't consider alternate parts usage. If it is a non-safety sheet metal part, maybe they can get it LKQ (like kind quality/Used/Recycled) or Aftermarket (CAPA certified). Dealer shops normally would rather replace the panel rather than repair, is it a possibility? Shops makes more money by buying it OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) and would tend to write for replacement. If your vehicle is a lease, you might not be able to replace the part aftermarket.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Who is at fault for the accident? If it's the other guy, will his insurance pay for your extended rental? I know this is a pretty far out idea, but I'd really like to see you get some help here, you're in an awful situation.