Verizon FiOS erroneous bill

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 28, 2017
New Jersey
We canceled our FiOS service right before we moved, we were not on contract so there were no cancellation fees. We received a confirmation email that matched exactly what was discussed.
they then charged us anyway about 2 weeks later, and I've been unable to secure a refund. I just spent 45 minutes on a chat, and the things the agent was saying simply don't make sense. I know what the individual words mean but when you put them together in a sentence they're incoherent.
I just simply can't spend any more time chasing this down, and since it's Verizon's error it's their esponsibility to chase this down not mine. I don't see any executive contact information for Verizon FiOS, and the customer service for Cellular don't seem to be able to help me.
would it be appropriate to issue a chargeback, it seems like the fastest way to just get this done.

johnbaker

Verified Member
Oct 2, 2014
Can you copy in what they said? Since you were not on a contract, its possible that you were on a post-paid instead of a pre-paid rate so you had to pay for the last part you used?

Only you can decide if the amount of money they charged you is worth your time. They think you owe them the money so there's nothing for them to chase down.

johnbaker

Verified Member
Oct 2, 2014
@Janxo I just looked on FIOS's website and it looks like all their billing is post not pre billing so you were probably charged for the service you used before cancellation.

Apr 28, 2017
New Jersey
I finally got through and figured out what happened.
When they processed the cancellation they dated it wrong by a few days. That's on us since we didn't read the cancellation email carefully.
Since the cancellation dipped into the following billing, the billed us for the entire period and issued a pro-rated credit. They initially threatened to refund us for the check, a bit challenging when we no longer live in the US, and don't have a permanent address yet. but, it does look like they intend to refund back to the credit card after speaking with them.