Verizon FiOS Billing Problems

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 15, 2019
I disconnected FiOS with a disconnection date of March 25th. At that time, they said I had "renewed" even though I didn't and said it was clearly an error and I never received confirmation as I have been the strong advocate in my building to get FiOS to upgrade and get add'l options for services. As an example of their system being problematic - I'm also attaching letter I received saying they cannot ADD services on the date that I actually contacted them to CANCEL services - and am sure that is what happened before as well when I was exploring options.

Then, I got a final bill with the $155 termination fee and a charge for $25.90 for charges in 2010!! Nine years later which I couldn't prove being paid because the statue of limitations had expired and I don't have records to the contrary.

The bill said, the final payment will be auto-Paid with the autobill system on April 15th. However, on April 8th - a letter saying payment wasn't made and it would be sent to collections. My credit score is 850.. and that would be horrible; so I paid the bill - and contacted Verizon Exec offices. Then, today, April 15, I was billed again. The attachment shows my manual payment pre-auth; and today's pre-auth for the same amount.

I have told Verizon several times I am disabled and this whole situation has been exasperated .. with Verizon taking actions that just are not proper and certainly not good business.

Attachments

Apr 15, 2019
I also wanted to show the "confirmation" emails of payments made. The one on the 12th was manually made by me on demand from Verizon; and the second was auto-billed on April 15.

Attachments