Verbal Contract with Centurylink

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 4, 2019
From what I can find online a verbal contract in the state of Florida can be for no longer than 12 months. Can anyone verify this for me? Also Centurylink is trying to tell me that this show the end of a contract date:
centurylink.jpg Nothing in that writing even suggests a contract.

Sep 19, 2015
If you have legal question you have to contact a lawyer. The Florida Bar Association has information:

https://www.floridabar.org/public/consumer/tip012/#Written or oral?

"Oral contracts are agreements that have been spoken, but not written. Depending on the nature of the transaction, certain types of contracts in Florida are required by law to be in writing in order to be enforceable. For example, contracts related to the sale of real estate or contracts that cannot be performed within one year must be in writing. "

The one year usually refers to employment contracts, like a 2 year contract.

We cannot interpret the statutes for you.