• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 14, 2019
I purchased a multi-city trip from Vayama in late January. I have received notices about changes in my flight schedules but the one I just looked into has us landing in Reykjavik two hours AFTER the rescheduled flight takes off. I have phoned Vayama, but the customer service line is busy, no matter what the time of day it seems. I have also phoned Icelandair and they explained to me what my options were but, since I booked our flight through Vayama, they told me, very nicely, I might add, that they could not make the change, Vayama must do it.

I have also emailed Vayama and certainly hope that I hear from them soon....

Sep 20, 2015
Are you sure they didn't rebook your 2nd flight as well? The booking system shouldn't accept a connection like that. I believe you can log in to Vayama to check your itinerary (look under FAQs to find the login link)

Sep 19, 2015
Vayama is claiming that technical maintenance has led to phones not working this weekend

Due to technical maintenance, our phones are temporarily out of order on 13-14 April from 09:30 PM - 01:30 AM (PDT)

https://www.vayama.com/customer-service

When is your trip?

Did Vayama book this as all one ticket.

Vayama does not have have a great reputation..... hope this works out for you

Apr 14, 2019
Are you sure they didn't rebook your 2nd flight as well? The booking system shouldn't accept a connection like that. I believe you can log in to Vayama to check your itinerary (look under FAQs to find the login link)
When I check my reservation on Icelandair, it still has the negative two hour layover and Icelandair verified for me that my impossible reservation was indeed what they had on their end as well.

Apr 14, 2019
Vayama is claiming that technical maintenance has led to phones not working this weekend

Due to technical maintenance, our phones are temporarily out of order on 13-14 April from 09:30 PM - 01:30 AM (PDT)

https://www.vayama.com/customer-service

When is your trip?

Did Vayama book this as all one ticket.

Vayama does not have have a great reputation..... hope this works out for you
Thank you very much. It helps to know that PERHAPS I will be able to take care of this tomorrow after work. Our outbound trip is in mid-May and the return in the first week of June. They haven't made a change to the home bound flight that are impossible....yet.

Do you think all this may have to do with the grounding of the 737Max planes?

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Not much concrete advice to add here, Laurie, except to stay on top of this and find out what this booking service is doing for you. This is a great example of why we continue to jump up and down about booking direct with airlines and hotels. The online booking services probably put together zillions of successful trips a year, but when there's an issue, the traveller is the one to suffer.

Sep 19, 2015
Thank you very much. It helps to know that PERHAPS I will be able to take care of this tomorrow after work. Our outbound trip is in mid-May and the return in the first week of June. They haven't made a change to the home bound flight that are impossible....yet.

Do you think all this may have to do with the grounding of the 737Max planes?
It could be the grounding of the 737 MAX -- Icelandair does have 3 of those planes, so the timing sounds right -- and recently the estimate of the time for the "software update" has been extended.

Be prepared for long hold times, and be persistent so the other flights do not sell out.

Apr 14, 2019
It could be the grounding of the 737 MAX -- Icelandair does have 3 of those planes, so the timing sounds right -- and recently the estimate of the time for the "software update" has been extended.

Be prepared for long hold times, and be persistent so the other flights do not sell out.
Thanks for the

Sep 26, 2015
This same thing happened to me with CheapOAir last year. The flight from Quito was changed by a day, but I was never notified. I had an overnight in Madrid, but lost the hotel fees. Then the new flight arrived in Madrid 3 hours after my continuing flight to Budapest was to take off. CheapOAir did not take any responsibility for the loses. I went up the chain of command like Elliott.org suggests, but nada!

Apr 14, 2019
Success!!! Thank you all for you for your advice and support. The second customer service rep was able to change my flight coming out of Chicago so I had time (not much, but still) to make the flight to Zurich on the same day. I thought we'd have to spend the night in Reykjvik and lose a night of apartment rental, but it seems ok now. BTW the number I finally got through to them on was 855 396 8777. The 650 265 1856 number did not work at all. This has been a real live and learn experience. I will always book through the airlines in the future.

Sep 19, 2015
Success!!! Thank you all for you for your advice and support. The second customer service rep was able to change my flight coming out of Chicago so I had time (not much, but still) to make the flight to Zurich on the same day. I thought we'd have to spend the night in Reykjvik and lose a night of apartment rental, but it seems ok now. BTW the number I finally got through to them on was 855 396 8777. The 650 265 1856 number did not work at all. This has been a real live and learn experience. I will always book through the airlines in the future.
Great news. I will caution you keep monitoring your flights, as the 737-MAX issues are going to linger at least to August for many airlines. Check with Icelandair that the company made the changes correctly -- never hurts to check up on them.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
This same thing happened to me with CheapOAir last year. The flight from Quito was changed by a day, but I was never notified. I had an overnight in Madrid, but lost the hotel fees. Then the new flight arrived in Madrid 3 hours after my continuing flight to Budapest was to take off. CheapOAir did not take any responsibility for the loses. I went up the chain of command like Elliott.org suggests, but nada!
Any company with "CheapO" in its name will give you what you pay for. One of the previous forum posts renamed 'CheapO" to "CheapNo". Put "CheapOair" into the search box in the upper right of this page and see what others have posted.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
How much time do you have in Chicago to catch the next flight?