Vantage Deluxe World Travel

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 6, 2021
Just confirming the information that Vantage Deluxe World Travel is honoring their Tour Participation Agreement, as announced in Mr. Elliott's newspaper column - "Travel Troubleshooter" in the Minneapolis-Star Tribune published on 12/27/20. This has not been my experience, and we've been treated in similar fashion to other posting individuals when demanding a refund for a fully paid trip

Dwayne Coward

Administrator
Staff Member
Forum Director
Apr 13, 2016
St. Louis
Vantage has been confirming refunds if the trip wasn't modified or postponed. Unfortunately, we have only seen a few cases from early in the pandemic where the refund has been processed. At this time they are telling us that they are unable to give a timeline for when refunds will be processed. I have a feeling they don't currently have the funds to do so and hoping to get additional funding, which may not happen until the pandemic is over.

Jan 6, 2021
I'm confused about "modified or postponed". Our booking was for travel in May, 2020, with booking made, and fully paid for, in August, 2019. In October, 2019, well before the pandemic, Vantage cancelled our tour dates on their own, as they are, by contract, allowed to do. We were given the option to get a refund, or change our travel dates. With some inconvenience, we rescheduled the tour for August, 2020. With the emergence of the pandemic, we initiated discussions about our options with Vantage in April, 2020. We were told that. if we cancelled then, we'd not receive our full refund, but if we agreed to be placed in a "pending status" category, and Vantage themselves cancelled the tour at a later date, we'd receive our full refund. The tour was cancelled in July - just weeks before our departure. We were not notified. We then demanded a full refund, as we were told, but the refund demand was denied. I take it from your response that we should still qualify for the refund at some later date. Does the industry have "catastrophic" insurance to cover such an event with widespread liability?

Mar 1, 2018
Does the industry have "catastrophic" insurance to cover such an event with widespread liability?
Obviously I can't speak for this particular company, but in general no insurers are paying out on business interruption insurance claims, even those without a specific pandemic exclusion. The insurance industry has categorically denied any coverage for these losses. This doesn't seem to bother or worry state or federal regulators either, which is very hard for me to understand. But if you think the insurance they've paid for for decades is paying claims during this pandemic, I don't believe that's true at all. Best of luck to you, wish I had better news to add. Be well out there -

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I'm confused about "modified or postponed". Our booking was for travel in May, 2020, with booking made, and fully paid for, in August, 2019. In October, 2019, well before the pandemic, Vantage cancelled our tour dates on their own, as they are, by contract, allowed to do. We were given the option to get a refund, or change our travel dates. With some inconvenience, we rescheduled the tour for August, 2020. With the emergence of the pandemic, we initiated discussions about our options with Vantage in April, 2020. We were told that. if we cancelled then, we'd not receive our full refund, but if we agreed to be placed in a "pending status" category, and Vantage themselves cancelled the tour at a later date, we'd receive our full refund. The tour was cancelled in July - just weeks before our departure. We were not notified. We then demanded a full refund, as we were told, but the refund demand was denied. I take it from your response that we should still qualify for the refund at some later date. Does the industry have "catastrophic" insurance to cover such an event with widespread liability?
Your booking was modified when you rescheduled for August 2020.

Jan 18, 2021
Ma where Vantage is located has a state law dealing with tour operator refunds. There is a long running thread on tripadvisor, senior travel forum that has some experiences from other Vantage travelers. It shows the link to the MA attorney's general site

• Love
Reactions: VoR61 and jsn55

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Ma where Vantage is located has a state law dealing with tour operator refunds. There is a long running thread on tripadvisor, senior travel forum that has some experiences from other Vantage travelers. It shows the link to the MA attorney's general site
This is great information, David. MA got Grand Circle/OAT to step up and pay attention when they were waffling about refunds/credits. We have several threads on this.

Reactions: VoR61