Used car purchase from Enterprise

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jul 17, 2019
I purchased a 2016 Fiat 500X Trekking or so I thought from Enterprise Car Sales in November of 2018. They had located one per my request. I was sent a car fax and the pic of the vehicle with all the information, mileage, price, VIN number, color etc. I really liked it so I agreed to pay $985 to have it shipped from Albuquerque, N. M. On the pic of the car it stated the exterior color was orange but the pic showed gray. I ask the salesman what the color was & was told the color on the pic was wrong. When I received my insurance policy in the mail a few days after bringing the car home, I noticed it was listed as a Fiat 500X Lounge2 not the Trekking. I called to let them know that was wrong but was told the Lounge came up with the VIN number. I’ve done some research trying to resolve my issue but have ran into more issues. The Fiat 500X Trekking & Lounge are two totally different models. I have contacted Enterprise and twice have been reassured that it was a Trekking but my paperwork shows a Lounge. I am concerned and feel I have good reason to be. The car VIN has even pulled up a red fiat 500X Trekking. I am trying to find out what I should do or who I should contact. Can anyone help or know someone that can?

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
You can go to Fiat and find what vehicle is associated with your VIN #.
What does the owners manual say?
Once you get that information you can straighten out your insurance.

Jul 17, 2019
You can go to Fiat and find what vehicle is associated with your VIN #.
What does the owners manual say?
Once you get that information you can straighten out your insurance.
I contacted Fiat and they said they did not understand why it would show up as two different models, but

Feb 16, 2018
If you have a local Fiat dealer stop in and see someone in the service department. They should be able to help you with this. They can also advise of any recalls that you may not know of. The important piece of this is what is listed on the title. If you financed the car, your bank should be able to show you a copy of the title which has the vehicle information on it.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
You need to make sure that the VIN #that is on your car matches the VIN # on your title. If it does not, then you need to get Enterprise to fix it. Otherwise, you will not have a valid title to the car and will be unable to sell it.

Once you resolve the VIN # on the tile, you then need to make sure your car insurance lists the correct VIN #. Otherwise, you may not be insured if there is an accident.

May 1, 2018
All that really matters is that you are satisfied with the car you physically have. VIN decoders used by 3rd parties (carfax, insurance companies, etc.) are notoriously inaccurate regarding trim levels and no one in the car industry takes them too seriously. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

May 1, 2018
I wanted to clarify what I said above. What is important is for the VIN on file with your insurance company and state registration to match what's on the VIN plate on your car. The specific details provided by a VIN decoder are not important.

Jul 17, 2019
I’d be concerned too. You left off what happened when you contacted Fiat- you ended the sentence with but- but what? What car is it?

What color was it too?

We have contacts at Fiat- you might want to go up the executive chain on this one:

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/fiat-chrysler-automobiles/
Fiat emailed me back & said they don’t understand how it could be like that. That was it. The 2016 Fiat 500x i purchased is gray.
Sorry didn’t realized I’d ended the sentence that way. My apologies. And thank you.

Jul 17, 2019
I wanted to clarify what I said above. What is important is for the VIN on file with your insurance company and state registration to match what's on the VIN plate on your car. The specific details provided by a VIN decoder are not important.
The VIN on my registration and insurance policy are the same.
By any chance would you know what a displacement code is?

Jul 17, 2019
All that really matters is that you are satisfied with the car you physically have. VIN decoders used by 3rd parties (carfax, insurance companies, etc.) are notoriously inaccurate regarding trim levels and no one in the car industry takes them too seriously. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
I worry because the salesman has already ask me to lie. If he is that open to lie, what else would he lie about. And the times I’ve contacted the sales manager about the issue he has been so adamant that it is the Trekking. In one VIN search, I pulled up a RED Fiat 500x Trekking which is another reason for concern. But yes, I love the car! I’m worried about future issues if I go to trade it in one day or sale it.

Jul 17, 2019
If you have a local Fiat dealer stop in and see someone in the service department. They should be able to help you with this. They can also advise of any recalls that you may not know of. The important piece of this is what is listed on the title. If you financed the car, your bank should be able to show you a copy of the title which has the vehicle information on it.
The closest Fiat dealership is 100 miles away. The car actually had a recall on it but Enterprise failed to notify of that.

May 1, 2018
By any chance would you know what a displacement code is?
It should correlate to the size of the engine in liters. A quick google search shows that your car should have a 2.4 liter engine.

The way I'm reading your message it seems you're still not sure if your car is a "trekking' model. Is that correct? Forgive me for the silly question but does your car look like a 'trekking'? I googled pictures of the 2016 Fiat 500x trekking and lounge - the exterior looks noticeably different on those. The front and rear bumpers on the trekking seems to have a 'rugged' looking gray accent bar across the bumpers which is not present on the 'lounge'. Go look at your car and report back.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
The VIN on my registration and insurance policy are the same.
That is not the issue. Is the VIN # on your title the same as the VIN # on your car? You need to check the actual VIN # on the car.
If the number on the car and on the title do not agree, then you have a BIG problem.

VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION NUMBER
Fiat 500 / Fiat 500 Owners Manual / Introduction / Vehicle Identification Number

The Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) is found on the left front corner of the instrument panel, visible through the windshield. This number also appears engraved on the right front door sill under the sill scuff plate, on an adhesive label applied to the right door opening on the B-Pillar, on the vehicle registration and title.