UPS Problem

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Aug 20, 2019
Christina H & VoR61: Here is a new letter which is very short. Let me know what you think. I'll be glad to make any changes necessary before sending.

08/21/2019

William Forster
21702 N. Fxxxxxxxxxxx
Dxxxxxxx, IL 6xxxx
xxx-xxx-xxxx

Dear UPS:

I apologize for forbidding Matt Downs from coming on my property. I was going through a very stressful time at the end of 2017 as my mom had died. I had exhausted all of my bereavement & holiday time at work. I lost of day of work on 12-29-2017 when Matt Downs didn’t pick up my TV. When Matt Downs was called by Amazon on 12-29-2017 he refused to pick up the TV & hung up. When Matt Downs came to my house on 01-02-2018 I forbade him from coming on my property but I certainly did not threaten him. Not only did I lose income on 12-29-2017 but I also had to take a point at work. The company I work for uses a point system & with my mom passing I had no extra days to use. I never had any issues with any driver until 2017. I have lived here since 2000. All previous drivers were nice & professional. Matt Downs is no longer my driver & I have no issues with the new driver.

Please kindly remove the red flag from my account.

Sincerely,
William Forster

Edited by a moderator to remove personal information

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 20, 2019
"Who are they? Neither is listed in our company contacts.

If you want our help, you need to follow our instructions because for this to be taken and further by us you need proof of all emails you sent to OUR contacts.

Neil"

Sure. Attached is the letter I sent to the your company contacts via email. From August 7th. I was not able to get the entire email in the screenshot.

The other contacts have no email.

Phillip Morgan Phone: 217-235-3134 Address: UPS 2209 S. 14th St. Mattoon, IL 61938
Chad Baker Phone: 317-532-3602 Address: UPS 5380 West 81st St. Indianapolis, IN 46268
Tammy Bailey Phone: 317-471-7279 Address: UPS 5380 West 81st St. Indianapolis, IN 46268 Email to Company Contacts.jpg

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
"Who are they? Neither is listed in our company contacts.

If you want our help, you need to follow our instructions because for this to be taken and further by us you need proof of all emails you sent to OUR contacts.

Neil"

Sure. Attached is the letter I sent to the your company contacts via email. From August 7th. I was not able to get the entire email in the screenshot.

The other contacts have no email.

Phillip Morgan Phone: 217-235-3134 Address: UPS 2209 S. 14th St. Mattoon, IL 61938
Chad Baker Phone: 317-532-3602 Address: UPS 5380 West 81st St. Indianapolis, IN 46268
Tammy Bailey Phone: 317-471-7279 Address: UPS 5380 West 81st St. Indianapolis, IN 46268 View attachment 2811

None of these are in our contacts. Please check the link I put in post 2

Executive Contacts

Primary Contact
Kate Gutmann
Chief Sales and Solutions Officer
55 Glenlake Parkway NE
Atlanta, GA 30328
[email protected]

Secondary Contact
George Willis
President, US Operations
55 Glenlake Parkway NE
Atlanta, GA 30328
[email protected]

Chief Executive
David Abney
Chief Executive Officer
55 Glenlake Parkway NE
Atlanta, GA 30328
[email protected]

Aug 20, 2019
I was not aware you had advised emailing them on at a time. I emailed UPS before I got on this forum. I wasn't aware that when emailing more than one person at a time gets sent to ones spam folder. On gmail which I use this never occurs. I have a written a new letter. I'll wait to get some feedback on that letter & email each person separately as you advise.

Aug 20, 2019
That is fine I can do that moving forward. I had already sent the email on August 7th. I joined the forum August 20th. I will wait to get some feedback on my abbreviated letter before email them separately one week at a time as you have suggested.

Jan 6, 2015
A this point I am struggling to respond. Your last letter is polite, but I fear it is too late. Allow me to recap some of the things you have told us.
  • "I told Matt Downs never to come on my property again". While this may not "technically" be a threat, it is quite aggressive. I think a reasonable interpretation could be that it was threaten-ing.
  • "I have tried to resolve the issue by sending out several nice respectful letters to David Abney but no response". Prior to posting your dilemma here, you contacted the CEO "several times". Doing that virtually sealed your fate. It is possible but unlikely that others will act on your behalf.
  • "I have tried to go through the Illinois Attorney Generals office, the Georgia Consumer Protection Division & the Better Business Bureau." Those actions placed the resolution squarely in the legal arena and have likely ended your chances for negotiation.
  • "All 3 times we get the same response from Paralegal Maddy Mullin at the corporate office stating "it has been determined by local management that packages can't be delivered to William Forster's address". This is concrete evidence of what I just stated. This is a member of their legal department telling everyone "the final answer is no".
I have considered your plight a great deal and honestly do not see a way out for you. You acted out of a year-long frustration with the driver and, quite understandably, your mother's passing. I support your concern over the service, but the methods you have chosen are now yielding results you did not anticipate or want.

I truly wish I could say otherwise. Best wishes for you in the future . . .

Jan 23, 2015
Is there a UPS location or other place in town that could accept packages on your behalf? I know it would not be convenient for large items but it might save you some heartache.

Aug 20, 2019
[B]TropicalRichmond[/B]: There is a UPS box about 9 miles away in my hometown of Marshall IL; however it is the type of box that only accepts almost flat packages I'd say anything less than 4 inches would fit & that doesn't help me when receiving packages. I also have an update from 1 hr ago after talking to the UPS driver. See below.

I finally dropped my current return package off at my cousins house this morning. I went over there after the UPS driver went by my house (2pm Central Time) so I knew it would be within the hour he'd be at my cousins house a few miles away. Within a few minutes of arriving at my cousins house the UPS driver showed up. I spoke with the new driver & found out some additional information that Matt Downs said about me. I probably shouldn't share it here but it is more untruths. He also told me the same thing my friend Greg Lamb ( works out of the same facility) told me that they were having issues with Matt Downs. The new driver went on to tell me he is currently a fill in for Matt Downs route & when Matt Downs officially becomes the UPS semi truck diver he will take over his route ( in a few months) & at that time will start delivering to me. The new driver is very nice & friendly he is what I'm used to with all other UPS drivers. I certainly hope he is right & this issue will be resolved in a few months.

If UPS has me red flagged as a threat what makes a difference what address they deliver to. I own a rental property in Marshall, IL that I inherited from my mom when she passed. So what if I lived there? I put a question mark there rhetorically because packages could be delivered or picked up there. Marshall's UPS deliveries & pickups come from the same Mattoon UPS facility. I also could live at my cousin house, the return package had my name on it with his address. I just wanted to reiterate how ridiculous & absurd this whole hing is.

With this new information I do not know whether or not to just wait it out a few months are continue to try & resolve the issue with the corporate office.

Aug 20, 2019
I forgot to mention the UPS driver told me only my address is red flagged not my name. I guess that means if someone ever owns my home one day they will be red flagged too.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
[B]TropicalRichmond[/B]: There is a UPS box about 9 miles away in my hometown of Marshall IL; however it is the type of box that only accepts almost flat packages I'd say anything less than 4 inches would fit & that doesn't help me when receiving packages. I also have an update from 1 hr ago after talking to the UPS driver. See below.

I finally dropped my current return package off at my cousins house this morning. I went over there after the UPS driver went by my house (2pm Central Time) so I knew it would be within the hour he'd be at my cousins house a few miles away. Within a few minutes of arriving at my cousins house the UPS driver showed up. I spoke with the new driver & found out some additional information that Matt Downs said about me. I probably shouldn't share it here but it is more untruths. He also told me the same thing my friend Greg Lamb ( works out of the same facility) told me that they were having issues with Matt Downs. The new driver went on to tell me he is currently a fill in for Matt Downs route & when Matt Downs officially becomes the UPS semi truck diver he will take over his route ( in a few months) & at that time will start delivering to me. The new driver is very nice & friendly he is what I'm used to with all other UPS drivers. I certainly hope he is right & this issue will be resolved in a few months.

If UPS has me red flagged as a threat what makes a difference what address they deliver to. I own a rental property in Marshall, IL that I inherited from my mom when she passed. So what if I lived there? I put a question mark there rhetorically because packages could be delivered or picked up there. Marshall's UPS deliveries & pickups come from the same Mattoon UPS facility. I also could live at my cousin house, the return package had my name on it with his address. I just wanted to reiterate how ridiculous & absurd this whole hing is.

With this new information I do not know whether or not to just wait it out a few months are continue to try & resolve the issue with the corporate office.
If your friend Greg works at the facility why can’t he help you? It seems he should be able to get you on to see the manager of the facility.

Aug 20, 2019
I have asked the General Manager to speak with Greg. The general manager stated to me only Chad Baker can remove the red flag. Greg has generously agreed to be a character reference for me so when I have written to Chad Baker & the corporate office I have given Greg's number. I have of course been in contact with Greg & he has never been contact about me.

Aug 20, 2019
Chad Baker is a security person out of the Indianapolis facility UPS 5380 W 81st St, Indianapolis, IN 46268 317-532-3602. Greg would not be able to contact Chad Baker on my behalf without getting approval from his general manager & I highly doubt Phillip Morgan would let him do that. I'm not asking Greg to jump through hurdles, he as he been kind enough to be my character witness to offer his phone number & address if anyone wants to contact him. Greg is also a UPS route driver while he'd gladly deliver to me if he could is route is only within the city limits of Paris IL. If Chad Baker would do his job he would call Greg & other delivery drivers still working for UPS that have delivered to me going back to 2000, but he refuses to investigate & refuses to talk to me.

Jan 6, 2015
Summarizing your interactions . . .
Three (3) people leave messages for Chad Baker. Response: one (1) voicemail (to you)
Several (3?) letters from you to CEO David Abney (only). Response: Nothing
Three (3) letters to the AG, BBB, and CPD (one to each separately). Response: paralegal says no each time
Three (3) letters to their CSSO, President, and CEO (one to each simultaneously). Response: Nothing

That totals 12 touch points with just 2 responses (counting the "no" each time as a single response). Included are (4?) to the CEO.
Regrettably, I don't see things turning out any different by working your way up the chain again . . .