Upper Antelope Canyon Tour

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Oct 11, 2017
My husband and I are planning a trip to The Grand Canyon and want to visit the Upper Antelope Canyon in Page, AZ on Sep 23rd. After looking over the reviews I would like to go with Ekis’ company, UpperAntelopeCanyon.com. Their site says they are full on that day except for 7am as are most days that month. We will be driving in that morning and need a 10- 12 time slot which is why I am looking early. I checked last October and they were listed as unavailable same as now. I spoke to someone at that time and they said they looking at changing pricing and making adjustments. Many other companies have full openings, but everyone says Ekis is the best. The website hasn’t changed, but a rep at Ekis says “not available” check back for cancellations. Tours4Fun has 2 different tours, one with an English guide and one with a Navajo guide, but they won’t tell me who the operators are. Does anyone have any ideas? At 7 months out this shouldn’t be this difficult.

Jan 6, 2015
Given the time you have already spent planning, I'm going to suggest you arrive the day before and take the 7 AM tour. Zion National Park and Horseshoe Bend are a short distance away, and the Lake Powell overlook is right there in Page. You could enjoy all of those and stay the night before in Page.

Also in favor of this is is that the sunrise is at 7AM in September, so you would experience the orange colors reflecting off the canyon walls ...

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2017
Unfortunately that is not an option. We are taking the Grand Grandcanyon Railway back from the Bright Angel Lodge on the 22nd and staying in Williams that night as part of the package. Looks like a 3 hour drive between. Just staying the one night in Page. Early morning is not available on the 24th. We are headed to Bryce Canyon next day. There are multiple openings with other companies. I would just like to find out if there is any other way to book with Ekis or find out what the providers are for the other companies.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Why is it necessary to go through this particular tour operator? If it is one that the Grand Canyon Railway recommends, that’s most likely why it’s sold out.

Check out these other companies - do a google search and find out if there are any complaints about the company.

We just drove there and did it- we didn’t have reservations and were easily accommodated.

Here are some companies I pulled up- I am not endorsing any of them but I originally was going to book with the first one because it is by Native Navajo guides.

Google them all.
http://www.antelopeslotcanyon.com

https://www.antelopecanyon.com/reservations/

https://m.tours4fun.com/?utm_source...://www.google.com/#!/find/antelope-canyon/all

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attract...per_Antelope_Canyon-Page_Arizona.html?m=19905

Oct 11, 2017
No, this was not recommended by the Railroad, but I did check with them and they said everything is owned by and run by the Navajo tribe. The second link is the company I am looking for. It has by far the best reviews. Other companies are very mixed and I would rather not take a chance on that unless I have to. I have checked them all. There were mixed reviews on the native guides also.

The tours4fun will not tell me who the operators are. Why is that? They have 2 different options with all spots on that day open. Again mixed reviews.

I spoke to someone that runs a lower canyon tour and they said Ekis is the best and she seemed surprised that they would be sold out 7 months ahead. She emphasized book with Ekis. Their lower canyon tours get great reviews are all still open.

I have run into this before where a tour I wanted held back all their spots for a cruise ship, but their website just said unavailable. When I showed up the day of, hoping for a cancellation, I was told they had plenty of spots but I had to book through the ship.

I guess I am hoping for someone in the area or a travel agent could help me. I am not able to check the web site daily.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Be very careful of what you choose. One of the canyons is walk in- the other is not. You have to go down a ladder to get in and climb up a ladder to get out.

If the tour is sold out, I’m not sure what we can do for you except tell you there are other companies out there. Read reviews and choose one of them.

They can’t come up with tickets if the tours are sold out. It’s possible there might be large groups that already booked the available seats. There are limits to how many people each company can sell tickets for for the day.

Oct 11, 2017
I think I solved my problem or at least I hope I did. One of the tours4fun listed the address and times of the place I want. I am going to take a chance on this. I don’t understand why this has to be so difficult.