UPFRONT FEE LENDER BEWARE!!

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Dec 6, 2018
The company name is Kasher & Feingold Lending, LLC. They are supposed to be located in Glendale, CA. My wife and I did look the company up, and thought it looked like they were on the up and up. We sent $900 to a Nick Cottrell in Florida on Friday November 30, 2018. Was told it was for "the first 4 monthly payments to show that we were serious about wanting the loan for $10,000.00. Then on Monday December 3, 2018 they called and said that their "LENDER" actually requires at least 8 months of payment up front. So on December 5, 2018 they called and said I needed to send the other $900 the other 4 month portion of payment. And I was given, supposedly, the direct lenders name, his name is Craig Bettis from Oackville, Ontario Canada. Then I got a call about 5:30 pm my time, that I needed to pay half of an insurance policy, at $750.00 and they were gonna pay the other half. So now, with the Western Union fee's we are now into this for $2,671.50. Then, I happened to find about 3 fraud reports on them.

What's your desired resolution? We ether want the loan of $10,000.00 or the $2,671.50.

What's the value of your claim (in US $)? $2,671.50 this amount includes money sent and Western Union fees.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
You need to contact the Attorney General in your state and the CFPB about this predatory lending.

https://www.consumerfinance.gov/policy-compliance/rulemaking/final-rules/

Why are you finding fraud stories now- you didn’t see them when you researched? I have never heard of a loan where you have to pay eight months of the loan before you get the loan. That’s the time you should have put the brakes on.

Do not pay them another penny. I suggest you tell them you want your money refunded they have paid or you will be filing a complaint with the CFPB against them.

Dec 6, 2018
The company name is Kasher & Feingold Lending, LLC. They are supposed to be located in Glendale, CA. My wife and I did look the company up, and thought it looked like they were on the up and up. We sent $900 to a Nick Cottrell in Florida on Friday November 30, 2018. Was told it was for "the first 4 monthly payments to show that we were serious about wanting the loan for $10,000.00. Then on Monday December 3, 2018 they called and said that their "LENDER" actually requires at least 8 months of payment up front. So on December 5, 2018 they called and said I needed to send the other $900 the other 4 month portion of payment. And I was given, supposedly, the direct lenders name, his name is Craig Bettis from Oackville, Ontario Canada. Then I got a call about 5:30 pm my time, that I needed to pay half of an insurance policy, at $750.00 and they were gonna pay the other half. So now, with the Western Union fee's we are now into this for $2,671.50. Then, I happened to find about 3 fraud reports on them.

What's your desired resolution? We ether want the loan of $10,000.00 or the $2,671.50.

What's the value of your claim (in US $)? $2,671.50 this amount includes money sent and Western Union fees.
I forgot to put in here that I have the Western Union receipts fot the money I spent as well. SO THERE IS A PAPER TRAIL!!

Dec 6, 2018
You need to contact the Attorney General in your state. Why are you finding fraud stories now- you didn’t see them when you researched?
I may have over looked it, not meaning too, or my kids distracted me. I do want to say that I did have my reservations about this whole situation. But I needed a loan, and I got "SUCKED IN" hoping it was legitimate. I guess, as the old saying goes, " Hind sight is 20/20." I will also say this is a lesson learned for sure.

Sep 19, 2015
You have been scammed. These people may not be in the US.

The company does not exist; there is no licensed company in CA by that name.

The website was just put up in late October 2018 and has a domain register in Canada.

It is doubtful that you will get your money back if the scammers are overseas.

Dec 6, 2018
You have been scammed. These people may not be in the US.

The company does not exist; there is no licensed company in CA by that name.

The website was just put up in late October 2018 and has a domain register in Canada.

It is doubtful that you will get your money back if the scammers are overseas.
Thanks for the info. Well I got screwed. Lesson learned.

Dec 6, 2018
Poppyrum I am sorry this happened to you. I loathe these scammers who take advantage of people that are in difficult times.
I should have went with my gut when they asked for an upfront payment; and listened to what my late mother used to tell. "IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT PROBABLY ISN'T!" I kept getting reassured that everything was fine as long as I held my end of it. So yea, I was desperate and gave in. Just use a permanent marker and write "SUCKER" on my forehead.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I should have went with my gut when they asked for an upfront payment; and listened to what my late mother used to tell. "IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT PROBABLY ISN'T!" I kept getting reassured that everything was fine as long as I held my end of it. So yea, I was desperate and gave in. Just use a permanent marker and write "SUCKER" on my forehead.
This is such a sad story, and I wish there were something we could do. Everyone needs to remember that these scammers are REALLY good at what they do and their primary job is to lull your inate sense of right and wrong. I don't know how they can look themselves in the mirror every morning.