Unresolved Payless Car Rental Duspute - POP airport in Dominican Republic

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 21, 2019
I sent a formal letter of complaint to Payless Corporate Customer Service dated January 31st, 2019.

It resulted in an open ticket being generated with Payless which included my letter of complaint which is now posted online as a PDF file with Payless Car Rental .

The online ticket still remains open today without any response from Payless Car Rental (over a month ago).

After reading through this forum, I emailed the primary contact Corey Harp at Avis Budget Group over a week ago. I referenced the Payless open ticket and also forwarded my letter of complaint to Corey Harp directly. I never got an acknowledgement or response from Corey Harp. The online ticket remains open without a response from Payless either.

My question pertains to my step. There are two secondary contacts listed at Avis Budget Group on on your website . Should I forward my original email to Corey Harp to the secondary contacts individually or cc them together?

If I don't hear back from either of the secondary contacts, should I then forward my email to the final contact listed for Avis Budget Group?

James

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
I sent a formal letter of complaint to Payless Corporate Customer Service dated January 31st, 2019.

It resulted in an open ticket being generated with Payless which included my letter of complaint which is now posted online as a PDF file with Payless Car Rental .

The online ticket still remains open today without any response from Payless Car Rental (over a month ago).

After reading through this forum, I emailed the primary contact Corey Harp at Avis Budget Group over a week ago. I referenced the Payless open ticket and also forwarded my letter of complaint to Corey Harp directly. I never got an acknowledgement or response from Corey Harp. The online ticket remains open without a response from Payless either.

My question pertains to my step. There are two secondary contacts listed at Avis Budget Group on on your website . Should I forward my original email to Corey Harp to the secondary contacts individually or cc them together?

If I don't hear back from either of the secondary contacts, should I then forward my email to the final contact listed for Avis Budget Group?

James
you should look at this: https://www.autoslash.com/blog-and-...pay-and-pay-much-more-with-payless-car-rental

Feb 21, 2019
You need to wait a week and move up the chain one by one. But why are you writing to Avis? You should be contacting Payless.
Avis Budget Group owns Payless Car Rental. There are no specific names or executives contacts listed for Payless Car Rental. If you have a Payless contact, please share it with me. All of the executive contacts listed for Payless Car Rental are affiliated with Avis Budget Group.

Just to clarify, I addressed my original letter of complaint directly to Payless Corporate Customer Service, but they have not responded.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Here are our contacts. A week after your email go Customer Service goes unanswered, then you write to Corey. Once another week is up, write to the next executive and tell him/her exactly who you have written to and that they have not responded. Make sure you state the names of those that haven’t replied as you go up the chain.

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/payless-car-rental/

Feb 21, 2019
Hi,

I was curious to know if the executive contacts usually provide an acknowledgement of receipt.

So far, I'm onto the secondary contact at Avis Budget Group without any response.

Strangely, an open ticket that was generated online at the Payless Service Desk was closed yesterday. It had been open for over 6 weeks with no response. No one has contacted me directly, but the online message written on the closed ticket was that the Claims Department "will be contacting me".

I don't know if this is a good/bad sign at reaching a resolution. I'm specifically asking for a credit to be applied for pricing errors and for being overcharged for insurance that was declined and not required for the rental. There was no damage to the vehicle and no accident involved, so I don't know why the Claims Department would be contacting me regarding a credit or a price adjustment.

If I am not contacted directly by Monday, I plan to escalate my complaint to the CEO at Avis Budget Group ( Final Executive Contact). It appears that he is responsible for the car rentals outside of the USA and in the Dominican Republic where the car was rented.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
No they don’t provide any acknowledgment. They either answer or they don’t. If you have to response in a week, you write to the next executive in the list and repeat weekly. Payless is not known for being very consumer oriented I’m afraid.

Feb 21, 2019
I just wanted to provide an update. The unresolved issue with Payless Car Rental has finally been settled. Had it not been for the information and executive contacts listed on this website, the outcome may have been different. Ultimately, my case had to be resolved at the executive level as the the Payless location where I rented the car did not respond in an appropriate or timely manner.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Glad it worked and this is why we advise people to stop dealing with the local offices and move to the executive contacts. In almost every case it takes intervention of an executive to get these things dropped.

Thanks for updating to show others our suggested way of handling these usually works.