United Vacations or not

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Nov 21, 2018
I booked a package with United vacations to Cabo in October . I also purchased R/T Non-stop transfers for $37pp, total $74, vs the regular transfers for $29pp or $58 thru United Vacations. The contracted with Amstar.
Altho over an hour wait at the airport, the transfer to the hotel was non stop. But very chaotic, they have no record of who is arriving just put you in a van.
The return transfer however, stopped at another hotel to pick up passengers.
It is not a lot of money but I requested a refund of the difference between the non-stop and the regular transfers. I may have not gone further but
As a matter of principle and caution-the response is the Amstar is investigating. I didn't contract with Amstar, I contracted with UA vacations.
My correspondence is with Janelle Autry, jautry@marktravel.com (who are they?) She insists that there will be an investigation. (from 10/15?)
Is United Vacations really United Vacation? Warning to everyone, United Vacations may not be United Vacations.

Sep 19, 2015
Mark Travel manages United Vacations and also Southwest Vacations.

Who charged you Amstar or United Vacations?

Yes you should get a credit for sharing on return.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I agree. All of the airline vacation packages are sold through a travel company, not the airline and Mark Travel is the responsible party. How long has it been since you originally contacted them?

Apple Leisure Group now owns Mark Travel, you can escalate it if you aren’t getting help from Janelle.

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/apple-leisure-group/

Nov 21, 2018
United Vacations charged me, not Amstar. That is my argument.
I contacted them a month ago, getting the same answer, Amstar is investigating and they cannot issue a refund until they do.
I can't imagine there will be a response from Amstar.

Nov 21, 2018
Yes multiple emails to her, quick answer that she is waiting for Amstar to investigate. I pointed out that I paid United vacations and they contracted with Amstar so my refund is due from UA. She keeps responding about the investigation. I don't know where to go, I know its a small amount of money but its the principle.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Use the contacts I gave you for Apple Leisure. The own Mark Travel. Write to the first executive- don’t start at Customer Service, give them Janelles name and email. Simply state you paid for private transfer and you got a shared transfer on the return and you asked over a month ago for a refund of the difference and you still are getting the story they are checking with Amstar and there is no reason it should take this long.

Last edited by a moderator: