UNCLEAR TERMS OF HOLIDAY INN VACATION CLUB

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 18, 2017
I would tell them "I got divorced" or something like that, and just do the vacation pkg as planned when you go for business. Don't feel bad about lying to them, I guarantee that will tell you lies at the" vacation" (timeshare) presentation they force you to attend.
It is really not the IHG hotel group you think it is, it is a timeshare sales arm, only loosely associated, and they do not care if you are in the loyalty plan because they are not in the hotel business. The only reason they want your wife there is so you can't use the excuse "I have to ask my wife first". I go to these all the
Thanks for your reply
They now ask for legal documents stating that you are divorced, no just telling " you are divorced"
So back to square one , any suggestions?

Regards

Juan57

May 18, 2017
Just go by yourself. What if you weren’t married at all? What if you and your spouse divorced before you traveled?

I think you are overthinking this. Go, sit through the presentation and just don’t buy anything. These vacation clubs are rip offs anyway. If the required time frame to be in the sales presentation is two hours- point to your watch and tell them they have two hours and you are out of there.

Don’t let them talk you into buying.
Dear Neil

Thanks for your reply
They now ask for legal documents stating that you are divorced, no just telling " you are divorced"
So back to square one , any suggestions?

Regards

Juan57

May 18, 2017
Complete this request for company contacts for the Vacation Club:

https://www.elliott.org/research/

Do you recall them asking if you were married at all when you called? I think you need to go further up the chain.
Neil
Finally resolved.
I phoned .They said they having given my credit card number was my consent.I answered that it doesn’t mean I agreed to all the fine print and I wanted to get the call audio to check.Said they for sure not provide it but I could send an email requesting it. I said okay give me the address so I can use it when I go to court. To sum up “court “ was the magic word. They said not worth it and processed the refund.
Thanks for your help and information