UNCLEAR TERMS OF HOLIDAY INN VACATION CLUB

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 18, 2017
Request to Change the Terms of Agreement
While neither myself nor my supervisors have the ability to issue refunds for any packages, I can provide you with an email where you may request to change the terms of your agreement. Please copy your information and send it to the email listed below. You should receive a response within 7-10 business days about your written request.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: Request to change the terms of agreement ( )

Name:
Package #:

Package expiration: 01/15/2020
Premium gift:
Package details: $199 Cash Back + $100 Rebate
Reason for cancellation: I was not aware that my spouse had to attend the 120 presentation and believe to not been informed clearly

This purchase I understand is no refundable if I don´t assist. But I never understood I had to go with my spouse therefore please reconsider my request.

I have a high opinion of the IHG and I´m a member of its loyalty plan #231502450 and I think you can make an exception. You will certainly make more money with me on future stays than the USD 199

With best regards.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Hi

I need help with this situation.When I reserved one of the several nights at Holiday Inn i was oferred this package 3 nights for free plus a bonus in cash in excahnge for a 120 min presentation of there Holiday Inn Club Vacation since I travel every year to Orlando on business on my own I accepted. I was clearly informed the USD 199 where not refundable, no problem since I know from one year to another dates of my next trip.Now here is the problem I was not clearly informed that my spouse had to be go at the presentation. So I asked for a refund based on that, I would of never taken the offer had I konwn.

With best regards
-----------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your e-mail.

That is the point I was not informed clearly and the terms I writing came after my phone call. I never in my wildest dreams would have accepted it if the presence of my wife would of been required.

I find it now boils down to have an IHG frequent client happy or not.

I run and own 140 year old company….,have a high standard of values and I’m way above taking advantage of any situation in my favour after having understood correctly.So believe me I’m telling you in total good faith.

Again please reconsider my request.

With best regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contact information ........................ further details below

We have received your request to cancel your vacation package. As was indicated at the time of purchase and confirmed to you in writing, the vacation package is non-refundable. Therefore we cannot honor your request for a refund.

Your 4 day 3 night prepaid vacation is available to use at any time.

Many guests have found it a wonderful way to celebrate their birthdays, anniversaries, graduations or just a much needed vacation.

Please call our reservations group to arrange your trip.

You can reach us at 1-855-416-4420 or 407-477-7004 Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. or Saturday & Sunday, 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. (ET).

Sincerely,
Customer Review
Holiday Inn Club Vacations
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can see by my emails ther refuse to refund me, to say it directly I have been scammed by the fine print and non clear verbal comunications.

How do you suggest I proceed?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 16, 2016
I would tell them "I got divorced" or something like that, and just do the vacation pkg as planned when you go for business. Don't feel bad about lying to them, I guarantee that will tell you lies at the" vacation" (timeshare) presentation they force you to attend.
It is really not the IHG hotel group you think it is, it is a timeshare sales arm, only loosely associated, and they do not care if you are in the loyalty plan because they are not in the hotel business. The only reason they want your wife there is so you can't use the excuse "I have to ask my wife first". I go to these all the

Jul 16, 2016
sorry- it cut off the last sentence-
I go to these all the time as a single person because my husband does not find them as amusing as I do.

Sep 19, 2015
Did you agree to this on the telephone? Was this fast talking pitch?

I think they are rigid with these rules. Can you take your spouse on a trip with you?

May 18, 2017
It would be helpful if you create a concise, chronological list of what happened. We would like to help you but need to understand all the details.
I can now do you thinking there’s any chance as actually I could be “ separated “ or else

May 18, 2017
I would tell them "I got divorced" or something like that, and just do the vacation pkg as planned when you go for business. Don't feel bad about lying to them, I guarantee that will tell you lies at the" vacation" (timeshare) presentation they force you to attend.
It is really not the IHG hotel group you think it is, it is a timeshare sales arm, only loosely associated, and they do not care if you are in the loyalty plan because they are not in the hotel business. The only reason they want your wife there is so you can't use the excuse "I have to ask my wife first". I go to these all the
Thanks for your reply. The issue is they have my recorded conversation of my marital status.What would happen now that it’s changed... will they check?

May 18, 2017
Thanks for your reply.
I will not be going with my wife.Below is the chronological detail. I will prepare a more concise one in a while if you need it.
-------------------------

While neither myself nor my supervisors have the ability to issue refunds for any packages, I can provide you with an email where you may request to change the terms of your agreement. Please copy your information and send it to the email listed below. You should receive a response within 7-10 business days about your written request.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: Request to change the terms of agreement ( )

Name:
Package #:
Package expiration: 01/15/2020
Premium gift:
Package details: $199 Cash Back + $100 Rebate
Reason for cancellation: I was not aware that my spouse had to attend the 120 presentation and believe to not been informed clearly

This purchase I understand is no refundable if I don´t assist. But I never understood I had to go with my spouse therefore please reconsider my request.

I have a high opinion of the IHG and I´m a member of its loyalty plan #231502450 and I think you can make an exception. You will certainly make more money with me on future stays than the USD 199

With best regards.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Hi

I need help with this situation.When I reserved one of the several nights at Holiday Inn i was oferred this package 3 nights for free plus a bonus in cash in excahnge for a 120 min presentation of there Holiday Inn Club Vacation since I travel every year to Orlando on business on my own I accepted. I was clearly informed the USD 199 where not refundable, no problem since I know from one year to another dates of my next trip.Now here is the problem I was not clearly informed that my spouse had to be go at the presentation. So I asked for a refund based on that, I would of never taken the offer had I konwn.

With best regards
-----------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your e-mail.

That is the point I was not informed clearly and the terms I writing came after my phone call. I never in my wildest dreams would have accepted it if the presence of my wife would of been required.

I find it now boils down to have an IHG frequent client happy or not.

I run and own 140 year old company….,have a high standard of values and I’m way above taking advantage of any situation in my favour after having understood correctly.So believe me I’m telling you in total good faith.

Again please reconsider my request.

With best regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contact information ........................ further details below

We have received your request to cancel your vacation package. As was indicated at the time of purchase and confirmed to you in writing, the vacation package is non-refundable. Therefore we cannot honor your request for a refund.

Your 4 day 3 night prepaid vacation is available to use at any time.

Many guests have found it a wonderful way to celebrate their birthdays, anniversaries, graduations or just a much needed vacation.

Please call our reservations group to arrange your trip.

You can reach us at 1-855-416-4420 or 407-477-7004 Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. or Saturday & Sunday, 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. (ET).

Sincerely,
Customer Review
Holiday Inn Club Vacations
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can see by my emails ther refuse to refund me, to say it directly I have been scammed by the fine print and non clear verbal comunications.

How do you suggest I proceed?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Just go by yourself. What if you weren’t married at all? What if you and your spouse divorced before you traveled?

I think you are overthinking this. Go, sit through the presentation and just don’t buy anything. These vacation clubs are rip offs anyway. If the required time frame to be in the sales presentation is two hours- point to your watch and tell them they have two hours and you are out of there.

Don’t let them talk you into buying.

May 18, 2017
Just go by yourself. What if you weren’t married at all? What if you and your spouse divorced before you traveled?

I think you are overthinking this. Go, sit through the presentation and just don’t buy anything. These vacation clubs are rip offs anyway. If the required time frame to be in the sales presentation is two hours- point to your watch and tell them they have two hours and you are out of there.

Don’t let them talk you into buying.
Dear Neil
Thanks for your reply reply. The deal is when you book you have to call and they ask you if you are married ( which when I called I said yes)and if your spouse will be attending.I guess from now on I’m single. My concern was if they checked but that seems to far fetched to have any consequence.What do think.?

AMA

Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Just tell them she came down with the flu or broke her arm and couldn't travel. Those timeshare salessharks are all crooks and lie through their teeth. No need for you to feel guilty!

Mar 23, 2015
They probably want your spouse there so that if you sign up, it's a joint debt and she'll be a cosigner. As a side note, it is completely NOT my business, but I find it really odd how adamant you are that you will NOT be bringing your wife. I mean, if they asked your marital status, I'd think that would have set off some sort of alarm, or at least prompted you to ask "why do you ask?" But, the repeated "I can't bring my wife; my wife won't be with me" etc.. is … odd.

Sep 19, 2015
They probably want your spouse there so that if you sign up, it's a joint debt and she'll be a cosigner. As a side note, it is completely NOT my business, but I find it really odd how adamant you are that you will NOT be bringing your wife. I mean, if they asked your marital status, I'd think that would have set off some sort of alarm, or at least prompted you to ask "why do you ask?" But, the repeated "I can't bring my wife; my wife won't be with me" etc.. is … odd.
Mel65 I think they want both at the presentation so as to pressure both into buying -- so one does not say "I have to ask my spouse before committing" .