Unauthorized check in

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

Patina

Verified Member
Dec 22, 2015
I believe when multiple travelers are on one reservation, the system will ask you if you want to check everyone in (select all) or if you want to check in individually (click the box next to a person's name). My husband NEVER checks himself in, I always do it for him when I receive an email to check in for myself.

May 1, 2018
Is it legal for someone else to check you in on a flight if you did not authorize them to do so?
When you say "someone else" do you mean a travel companion, a spouse, the parent of a minor child, an airline employee, an unrelated 3rd party, etc? Your question is incredibly vague. You'll need to be far more specific if you expect to receive a helpful answer.

Oct 20, 2019
When you say "someone else" do you mean a travel companion, a spouse, the parent of a minor child, an airline employee, an unrelated 3rd party, etc? Your question is incredibly vague. You'll need to be far more specific if you expect to receive a helpful answer.
Hi Dan, Sorry to be so vague. Basically I purchased 2 airline tickets for myself and my boyfriend at the time. He wanted to go to FL as his daughter was having surgery. He had never flown before so he asked me if I would get the tickets and fly with him which I did. The whole thing was a farce. The night before we were to fly back home I became angry over some of the things that had gone on with his daughter whom was less than truthful. I was going to cancel my flight as I had purchased trip flex and fly out of a closer town and leave that night. I gave him the option of coming with me or returning on the original flight the next day. He did not give me an answer he simply left would not answer my calls nor would his daughter. I went into my Allegiant account to cancel my flight and try to get another flight that night. To my surprise his daughter had checked him in on the flight as well as me. When I tried to change this I was not able to . The app would not let me. At that point I had no choice but to stay. The next morning I had to take an Uber to the airport which was 2 hours away and cost me $158.00. The reason she did this was that her Dad was afraid to fly alone. After doing some research with allegiant I learned that the only way to get into my account would be with a confirmation# or last 4 digits of my credit card that was used for the purchase. My then boyfriend is 72 years old has no idea how to do any of this nor would he have had the confirmation# or digits of my credit card. It was all on my phone. With all the security surrounding an airport I was shocked this could happen. Sorry to share all my drama it was the only way I could explain this.
Thanks for getting back to me.

Oct 20, 2019
How did they get your confirmation number?
confirmation# or last 4 digits of credit card is what is needed. To my knowledge he had none of this information. All the information was in my phone. He would have been clueless on how to even get in my phone. However my purse was laying around a few days prior to this I guess someone could have looked at the last 4 digits on my credit card.

Dec 19, 2014
The way I see it there are 2 possible scenarios:
1) The person who called (presumably your BF's daughter) had the necessary information to check you in and she did it with information that she had. If that is the scenario, the beef that you have is with your BF's daughter, and not Spirit.
2) The person who called (presumably your BF's daughter) did not have the necessary information and somehow the phone agent broke protocol and did not confirm the identity of the caller, and allowed the caller to check you in.

If you believe #2 is the case, then you can push Spirit.

Oct 20, 2019
1) The person who called (presumably your BF's daughter) had the necessary information to check you in and she did it with information that she had. If that is the scenario, the beef that you have is with your BF's daughter, and not Spirit.
2) The person who called (presumably your BF's daughter) did not have the necessary information and somehow the phone agent broke protocol and did not confirm the identity of the caller, and allowed the caller to check you in.

Thank You

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com

Well said.

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
Is it legal for someone else to check you in on a flight if you did not authorize them to do so?
These two tickets were purchased together on the same itinerary and had the same locator code (pnr).
When you go to check one person, the other person is listed and the question is “do you want to check in ALL Travelers” likely an email was also sent about checking in and you just need to click on the link in the email. And yes I assume the daughter simply checked in ALL Travelers.

Last edited:

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
confirmation# or last 4 digits of credit card is what is needed. To my knowledge he had none of this information. All the information was in my phone. He would have been clueless on how to even get in my phone. However my purse was laying around a few days prior to this I guess someone could have looked at the last 4 digits on my credit card.
So did you have one ticket for you and a separate ticket for him? Did you have paper boarding passes?
Have you spoken to him about this?

Oct 20, 2019
So did you have one ticket for you and a separate ticket for him? Did you have paper boarding passes?
Have you spoken to him about this?
I purchased the tickets online through the Allegiant Air web site. I then downloaded the Allegiant app. On this app are my boarding passes as well as a place to check in and manage travel change or cancel flights etc. The app is My Allegiant