Uber

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 27, 2019
I am uber driver and one of my friend refer me so my friend suppose to get $700 referal bonus onece i complete 100 rides. So i did that in the first week after activation of my uber driver account. Me and my friend have contacted uber via email, calls and in person also at uber hub in chicago. They are giving fake reason that i have duplicate account that is why i m not eligible for that bonus. But when i ask them to give me that reason in written but they clearly said no and even they do have any evidence which they can show me . I have applied as a uber driver in 2018 but i wasnt able to fulfiled all requirement so after knowing them i email them to deactivate my account and still i have proof of that. Then in january 17 2019 uber driver service representative told me to use another email address to reapply i did so. Now me and my friend went to uber hub chicago today we i have explained them everything. After that we have been told that they were working on our issue we can have seat. Then we went outside make a phone call and they locked the office i mean they can not kick out anyone like this. Even if we misbehave with them then they can do this but havent say single wrong word or misbehave with them . I really wanna take action on them now

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I am confused. You had an Uber account as a driver but it was de-activated because you didn’t fullfill what obligation? You asked them to de-activate that account, correct?

Then you opened another account? I can’t see why you would be eligible for the bonus if you didn’t fulfill the obligation the first time you had an account. If someone from Uber told you to use another email account, they told you how to falsify an account. Uber still has your name and drivers license information from the original account.

From what you say, they seem to be correct- you didn’t complete your obligations the first time so you aren’t eligible for the bonus- you admit here you tried to bypass their system. You tried to deceive Uber. You are lucky they are still allowing you to drive.

Feb 27, 2019
I am confused. You had an Uber account as a driver but it was de-activated because you didn’t fullfill what obligation? You asked them to de-activate that account, correct?

Then you opened another account? I can’t see why you would be eligible for the bonus if you didn’t fulfill the obligation the first time you had an account. If someone from Uber told you to use another email account, they told you how to falsify an account. Uber still has your name and drivers license information from the original account.

From what you say, they seem to be correct- you didn’t complete your obligations the first time so you aren’t eligible for the bonus- you admit here you tried to bypass their system. You tried to deceive Uber. You are lucky they are still allowing you to drive.
They have not deactivated for any reason because there is requirement that driver who is youger than 23 should have 3 years of driver experience and on that time i wasnt aware about that so after fews day of my application they told me that i dont have that experince so i can apply later when i would be 23 yaera old so i did that last month and my acvount is active not and when i statred driving on that time i have confirmed 4-5 times that would i eligible to get bonus and they sai yes sure. After compliting target rides they were telling me that money would be available next day but then i went to uber hub in person then they denied

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
You said you deactivated the account, didn’t you? Did you tell them when you asked about the bonus that you had deactivated a previous account?

You can try writing using our company contacts:
https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/uber/

This is how to write and you should be very polite and not demanding. They can kick you out of driving for them if you come on too string and I would suggest staying out of their offices if you want to drive. If they think you are aggressive they aren’t going to take a chance on you with customers. You are talking about- for you- a $100 bonus. Is it worth losing the ability to drive over that?

https://forum.elliott.org/threads/resolving-consumer-complaints-and-developing-a-paper-trail.8903/

Feb 27, 2019
You said you deactivated the account, didn’t you? Did you tell them when you asked about the bonus that you had deactivated a previous account?
so when we apply as a uber driver they create one account but it is not active to use we can just see our application status so i had that account but after knowing that i m not eligible on that time i told them to delete that account after that lasf month when i was reappling i have told them that year ago i had application then they said i need to create new account with different email address

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
They had your information on file apparently because they found you based on your name. You may have told them to delete the first but apparently they didn’t do what you asked- your info remAins on file.

It is worth risking them kicking you out of driving for a $100 bonus?

Use our company contacts and write to them and ask why they consider this account a new account when you weren’t able to drive the first time you applied.