Uber banned my account and won't tell me why

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 11, 2019
Hi all,

Last June uber banned my account without warning for unspecified violations of their terms and conditions and refuses to tell me why they did so or to help me find a way to reinstate my account. Prior to this I was a loyal customer with a 4.8 rating and I don't believe I have done anything to violate Uber's terms and conditions. I have a suspicion it has to do with a corporate account for a company I used to work for which got hacked around the time I was banned from the system. Uber assured me that I wouldn't be liable for any activity that was a result of my hacking. Below are my last conversations with Uber as well as my correspondence regarding the hacking:

1547210761899.png 1547210769750.png

Edited by a moderator to remove attachment with personal information.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Richard, please remove the document you posted from Uber. You have your full name and cell number are listed on it and that is dangerous.
Did anyone else in your former company have the same thing happen? Were you paying via a company credit card?

Why don’t you just sign up for Lyft?

We have company contacts for Uber. Try writing starting with the first executive listed. Give him a week to reply- if no reply, move to the next and repeat weekly if necessary.

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/uber/

Jan 11, 2019
Thank you! For some reason, I can't figure out how to edit posts on this forum.

I have signed up for Lyft but especially abroad Uber is far more useful and I'd like to have both. We were paying via company credit card. The company is now defunct and the credit card is attached to a bank account without any money in it. To my knowledge I was the only person effected.

I'll make sure to reach out to those contacts via email. Thank you for all the help.

Carrie Livingston

Staff Member
Advocate
Jan 6, 2015
St Louis
@rweisbac prior to emailing read Dwayne's post here. When you email don't attach anything to your email as that may cause it to get bounced back. Don't email everyone all at once as if you do that, they may think someone else is handling the problem or if you don't get what you want, you have nowhere else to go. Good luck and please let us know how it turns out.