UBER ASKING ME TO PAY FOR TRIPS THAT I DID NOT MAKE...

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 20, 2019
Hi, From a long time I was not able to make a uber request and I wanted to know why they are blocking my request. When I contacted them about this issue they claimed that I have a duplicate account and they want to delete duplicate then it will work for me. I agreed and provided my details then they deleted my duplicate account and they claimed the issue was resolved, but it did not resolve the issue. Then again I contacted them, they again claimed that I have an outstanding bill. Then I asked them to provide the receipts which were not available in my app. Then they told the amount total of 449.49 Pound(UK currency). But I remember that my uber account was hacked and my bank immediately called me up for the fraud transaction and asked me to block the card and told me to get a new card. To support all the above claims I have all the proof after providing proof for Uber customer service they are not assisting me on this nor responding.

What's your desired resolution I am looking for? I do not want to pay for the trip that I did not take. So I request them to fix this account so that I can use uber. If they do not want to resolve this I would like to move legally on this issue.

What's the value of your claim (in US $)? 593

Attachments

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I am truly mystified why people insist on "using Uber" when things have obviously fallen apart. I remember when this service first started, I wondered how long it would be before customers were being incorrectly charged and unable to do anything about it. It's a company driven by a computer, a company who has your credit card number and can charge you whatever and whenever they please. There's little help with problems. It's all very fun to have apps on your phone and not have to deal with money, but it may not be financially healthy. Use a different service in the future, call a taxi. Don't be part of the problem, just move on.

On the issue of an outstanding bill that you don't owe, compose a concise, polite letter to Uber customer service stating the facts, offering proof and asking them to reverse the charge. If no response, use our Company Contacts to escalate your request. Wait a week between each submission. Good luck and please let us know what happens.

Dec 19, 2014
You need to provide more information and clarify the timeline.

You wrote : "But I remember that my uber account was hacked and my bank immediately called me up for the fraud transaction and asked me to block the card and told me to get a new card."

So, is this what happened? You created Uber account #1. The account was hacked and Chase notified you of fraudulent activity on the account. You disputed the charges but never contacted Uber. Instead, you created account #2, which was blocked because of the issues with account #1. Now, Uber has deleted account #1 but continued the block on account #2 due to the "outstanding balance" on account #1 (presumably due to the chargeback).

How much time has elapsed? are we talking weeks? months? years?

Your only recourse would be to write a polite letter to Uber, explaining the fraudulent activity and asking Uber to waive the balance. Just because you disputed the charges with your credit card company does not clear the balance with Uber. You needed to contact Uber, and if enough time has passed, it becomes an issue, it becomes more difficult to resolve.

Good luck

Mar 20, 2019

You wrote : "But I remember that my uber account was hacked and my bank immediately called me up for the fraud transaction and asked me to block the card and told me to get a new card."

So, is this what happened? You created Uber account #1. The account was hacked and Chase notified you of fraudulent activity on the account. You disputed the charges but never contacted Uber. Instead, you created account #2, which was blocked because of the issues with account #1. Now, Uber has deleted account #1 but continued the block on account #2 due to the "outstanding balance" on account #1 (presumably due to the chargeback).

Your only recourse would be to write a polite letter to Uber, explaining the fraudulent activity and asking Uber to waive the balance. Just because you disputed the charges with your credit card company does not clear the balance with Uber. You needed to contact Uber, and if enough time has passed, it becomes an issue, it becomes more difficult to resolve.

Good luck
Thank you will do.

Mar 20, 2019

Good luck
Thank you

Mar 20, 2019
I am truly mystified why people insist on "using Uber" when things have obviously fallen apart. I remember when this service first started, I wondered how long it would be before customers were being incorrectly charged and unable to do anything about it. It's a company driven by a computer, a company who has your credit card number and can charge you whatever and whenever they please. There's little help with problems. It's all very fun to have apps on your phone and not have to deal with money, but it may not be financially healthy. Use a different service in the future, call a taxi. Don't be part of the problem, just move on.

On the issue of an outstanding bill that you don't owe, compose a concise, polite letter to Uber customer service stating the facts, offering proof and asking them to reverse the charge. If no response, use our Company Contacts to escalate your request. Wait a week between each submission. Good luck and please let us know what happens.
I have already requested I gave all the details and still their customer service is not responding. What can I do now? It is happening for 1 month.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii

Barry Graham

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Jan 7, 2015
I know you were contacted by your bank as per the screenshot but did you actually respond to their request and block the account?

Mar 23, 2015
Hi, From a long time I was not able to make a uber request and I wanted to know why they are blocking my request. When I contacted them about this issue they claimed that I have a duplicate account and they want to delete duplicate then it will work for me. I agreed and provided my details then they deleted my duplicate account and they claimed the issue was resolved, but it did not resolve the issue. Then again I contacted them, they again claimed that I have an outstanding bill. Then I asked them to provide the receipts which were not available in my app. Then they told the amount total of 449.49 Pound(UK currency). But I remember that my uber account was hacked and my bank immediately called me up for the fraud transaction and asked me to block the card and told me to get a new card. To support all the above claims I have all the proof after providing proof for Uber customer service they are not assisting me on this nor responding.

What's your desired resolution I am looking for? I do not want to pay for the trip that I did not take. So I request them to fix this account so that I can use uber. If they do not want to resolve this I would like to move legally on this issue.

What's the value of your claim (in US $)? 593
Yegads. After all this, why on EARTH do you WANT to use Uber? It has clearly been more trouble than it's worth; somehow, through either their negligence, or your own, your Uber account was hacked and your information compromised to the tune of several hundred dollars. They no longer want you as a customer--and yet you want them to unblock you so you can start using their service again? There is something weird here.