twitter/locked accounts

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 2, 2019
i made my twitter account ( michaelap_3) back in 2014 when i was 13 years of age , i went to change my birthday this year 2019 in which i am 17 years old turning 18 in four months. Twitter locked me out of my account and deleted it because i’m apparently not “13” when i am almost a legal adult

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
i made my twitter account ( michaelap_3) back in 2014 when i was 13 years of age , i went to change my birthday this year 2019 in which i am 17 years old turning 18 in four months. Twitter locked me out of my account and deleted it because i’m apparently not “13” when i am almost a legal adult
Why do you want to change your birthday? If you used a fake birthday to set up your account they will close and delete it.

Mar 23, 2015
If your account was legit in the first place you should have left it alone. If not, ... you should have left it alone.

Feb 2, 2019
If your account was legit in the first place you should have left it alone. If not, ... you should have left it alone.
twitter shouldn’t have an option to change it then
and i should be allowed to put any date i want that makes me older than 13 which i am
twitter should update their app and website to make it not think it’s the same year you make the account
i made the account in 2014
and it’s 2019 so :)

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
So it appears that you lied about your age when you opened the original twitter account and that is grounds for suspension from using Twitter. If that is correct you may have violated their terms and that's why they have suspended your account/

There should be no reason for anyone to go in and change their birthdate once an account is opened unless they lied about it in the first place. SO they found out by you trying to change the date you were not the age you said you were and terminated your account.

From Twitter:
Our Services are not directed to persons under 13. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at privacy@twitter.com. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child's account. You can find additional resources for parents and teens here.​

Another violation:
You may not register or create fake and misleading accounts.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2019
So it appears that you lied about your age when you opened the original twitter account and that is grounds for suspension from using Twitter. If that is correct you may have violated their terms and that's why they have suspended your account/

There should be no reason for anyone to go in and change their birthdate once an account is opened unless they lied about it in the first place.
actually there is a place where you can add your birthday to make it publicly and all that so i was going to take it off and went to change the year as well which should not matter because it’s not 2014
and i didn’t violate anything because i was 13 in 2014 :)

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
There seems to be a disconnect here. If you needed to change your birthdate, that means that the original birthdate you stated is incorrect. That's against the rules. I would admit this to Twitter, apologize and humbly ask them to reinstate your account.

Feb 2, 2019
There seems to be a disconnect here. If you needed to change your birthdate, that means that the original birthdate you stated is incorrect. That's against the rules. I would admit this to Twitter, apologize and humbly ask them to reinstate your account.
yeah there’s no reason for me to be on here because i’ve already been emailing back and forth with twitter so it’s a waste of time talking to you

Status
Not open for further replies.