Turo didn't pay me (host)

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 6, 2019
Rented out my car on Turo for a week at new years. Turo is supposed to pay within 3 days of trip end. It's now Feb 6 and they still haven't paid me. They say there is a problem with my bank info but I'm certain it's correct.
Turo refuses to mail a check. I live in san fran, have given their staff numerous uber/Lyft rides, and suggested i pick up check from 116 new Montgomery st, sf (of course no response).
I read the fine print of their legal page and sent email requesting payment to their legal dept. Need wait 30 days then file claim at FairClaims website as per Turo's steps listed on their website.
So laborious for a petty $350.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
You say you are “certain” you bank account information is correct. You need to make sure it actually is. Can’t you send them the information again and ask them to verify it’s what they have in file? Maybe the ABA number is incorrect. You need to be 100% sure it’s correct. Can you send them a copy of a voided check?

Once you do that, if it is correct you need to start writing. We don’t have contacts for them so fill out this request:

https://www.elliott.org/research/

Once you have contacts, use this post to start a writing campaign.

https://forum.elliott.org/threads/resolving-consumer-complaints-and-developing-a-paper-trail.8903/

Let us know how you make out after you finish the writing process. Good luck.