Turkish Airline lost luggage

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jun 22, 2019
Flying from Tirana I had a layover in Istanbul, and was told in Miami, my final destination, that my luggage didn’t make the second flight. They said it would come on the same flight the next day. The next day I contacted the Miami number they gave me to verify the delivery address and they told me it would be one day further. Several days passed without anyone answering that number again, and a full mailbox. On day 5, the Miami contact called and said to file a report online. I’ve heard nothing since then, there is no actual email address to correspond with so it seems like just a waiting game? I’m sure the compensation will be much lower than what is in the luggage as I (stupidly) filled it with expensive items.
Where do I go next and if it really can’t be found, how do I get appropriate compensation?

Sep 19, 2015
In some ways it is a waiting game. It is usually a 30 day wait before luggage is considered truly lost.

The maximum amount for reimbursement is around $1,600 under Montreal Convention.

The luggage may still show up.

You did file at the airport correct?

Jun 22, 2019
Yes I filed before I left the airport that day, received a reference number and all that. There was a further thing to file that they said to do once it reaches 5 days missing.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Wow that is a truly pathetic reimbursement. How disappointing!
That may be so, but the limit of reimbursement is readily available to review before your travel. If you filled your checked luggage with expensive items you needed to be aware of these limits before your travel.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
You have to realize that most people don’t pack brand new clothing in there bags. There are allowances made because most clothing that one takes are used so you don’t get full replacement value, you get pro rated amounts.