Trying to schedule land line repair since November 26

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Dec 31, 2019
Our vacation home has not had a dial tone on the land line since at least Nov. 26, when I first started my quest for a repair. Our mobile phones do not have service here. After spending more than 3 hours (no exaggeration) on chat, since I don’t have a phone that works, and scheduling 3 repair appointments I still have no resolution. Two of the appointments were no-shows. The last chat actually hung up on me, after telling me to call their 800#. They informed me that my appointment scheduled for today had been rescheduled to a day when we would not be here. Maybe they called to let me know?? I can’t use wifi on my mobile since the signal is too weak.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Our vacation home has not had a dial tone on the landline since at least Nov. 26, when I first started my quest for a repair. Our mobile phones do not have service here. After spending more than 3 hours (no exaggeration) on chat, since I don’t have a phone that works, and scheduling 3 repair appointments I still have no resolution. Two of the appointments were no-shows. The last chat actually hung up on me, after telling me to call their 800#. They informed me that my appointment scheduled for today had been rescheduled to a day when we would not be here. Maybe they called to let me know?? I can’t use wifi on my mobile since the signal is too weak.
You imply that you have an internet connection. If so, set up phone service (VOIP) through your internet connection. You do not need a landline for that.

Dec 31, 2019
You imply that you have an internet connection. If so, set up phone service (VOIP) through your internet connection. You do not need a landline for that.
As I stated in the last sentence, signal is too weak on my mobile to use wifi. I am borrowing an unsecured internet connection from a neighbor

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
As I stated in the last sentence, a signal is too weak on my mobile to use wifi. I am borrowing an unsecured internet connection from a neighbor
If your neighbor has internet service you should be able to sign up for the same, giving you phone service and internet and ditching ATT. Alternatively, work out a deal with your neighbor and pay part of their costs and get a signal booster.[/QUOTE]

Dec 31, 2019
I
If your neighbor has internet service you should be able to sign up for the same, giving you phone service and internet and ditching ATT. Alternatively, work out a deal with your neighbor and pay part of their costs and get a signal booster.
[/QUOTE]
I got Google Hangout, so now I have phone service. I need a secure internet for the business I conduct, so I can’t share indefinitely with my neighbor.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
I
I got Google Hangout, so now I have phone service. I need a secure internet for the business I conduct, so I can’t share indefinitely with my neighbor.
Work with your neighbor and set up a password protected internet access and use a range extender to cover your house.
ATT is no longer a landline company and loses money on every one; they have no interest (as you have found) in fixing something they lose money on every month. You have already tried the ATT contacts without success. It is time to move to plan B.

Alternatively set up your own secure internet access.

Aug 30, 2015
Our vacation home has not had a dial tone on the land line since at least Nov. 26, when I first started my quest for a repair. Our mobile phones do not have service here. After spending more than 3 hours (no exaggeration) on chat, since I don’t have a phone that works, and scheduling 3 repair appointments I still have no resolution. Two of the appointments were no-shows. The last chat actually hung up on me, after telling me to call their 800#. They informed me that my appointment scheduled for today had been rescheduled to a day when we would not be here. Maybe they called to let me know?? I can’t use wifi on my mobile since the signal is too weak.
Do they send you an email to confirm the appointment? Since it appears you have working internet, set your mobile phone to use Wifi calling. That way, it will use the internet rather than the cell tower.

Aug 30, 2015
Work with your neighbor and set up a password protected internet access and use a range extender to cover your house.
ATT is no longer a landline company and loses money on every one; they have no interest (as you have found) in fixing something they lose money on every month. You have already tried the ATT contacts without success. It is time to move to plan B.

Alternatively set up your own secure internet access.
Whether AT&T has an interest or not, they are still very much a "landline company" - they have a legal responsibility to maintain service in their local areas. Although they have successfully convinced many states to let them off the hook for this, they are obligated to continue until the FCC says it is okay to stop. File a complaint with your state https://www.usa.gov/state-consumer